cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much did you spend on gas the last time you filled up? Did you use a gas card?

tag
loriku
Established Member

Re: How much did you spend on gas the last time you filled up? Did you use a gas card?

Here in Iowa I put in $25 from my debit card & it barely got to half at about 3.50.  Luckily, I live only 1 mile from work and the grocery store, although I was considering adding a basket to my bicycle and riding to the store for groceries. I need a workout anyway! 
Message 31 of 88
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: How much did you spend on gas the last time you filled up? Did you use a gas card?

loriku wrote:
 Luckily, I live only 1 mile from work and the grocery store, although I was considering adding a basket to my bicycle and riding to the store for groceries. I need a workout anyway! 

Do it!!!  Smiley Wink 

I do, and it sure feels good when I pedal by the gas stations, see those hideous prices, and know I'm not there to fill up a gas tank!!!

As well, I figure I'm doing my bit NOT to contribute to our current, crippling energy crisis and overdependence on foreign oil, and my bit to help the environment.

And it really does your health good, too, not only for cardio but from a stress-management perspective as well. Smiley Happy 

Best of all, whenever I'm on my bike, I feel 9 years old and carefree as a little kid again. Smiley Very Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 32 of 88
soylentorange20
New Contributor

I used my Chevron card the other day........$68 to fill it up @ $4.05/gal in So Cal. Good thing for me is everything is w/in a stone's throw away from the house, Ralph's and Vons is 1/2 mile in either direction, as is CVS, our banks and fav restrauants are about 2 miles away and work is now about 1 mile away, so I don't have to far to travel and a full tank usually lasts me about a month. If it does keep creeping upwards, of dare I say $5, I may end up w/a bicycle.

Message Edited by soylentorange20 on 05-01-2008 01:45 PM
EQ=699 (12/15/2011)
TU=660 (12/15/2011)

Trying to move on up
Message 33 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used Discover Open Road card.
Message 34 of 88
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whew! Sure enough, a picture is worth a thousand words.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here in Central Florida, I paid $3.59/gallon for Chevron regular unleaded.  I purchased a little over 10 gallons for my 2006 Honda Accord.  I used my Chase Freedom Visa (3% rebate) to pay for this $37.34 purchase. 
Message 36 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put $136.00 worth of diesel in my pickup yesterday, Thank goodness it was on the companies card, not mine.
Message 37 of 88
katecrime
New Contributor

paid $25.00 for half a tank at $3.52 in st. louis.  i used my debit card

i have a scooter i take to work when it doesn't rain.  it poured today Smiley Sad
Message 38 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

$40 @ $3.99/gallon for regular unleaded (Chicago suburbs). 

Downtown windy city is running $4.30+++
Message 39 of 88
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Used Discover Open Road card.

That's one way to max out your Discover rewards for the month!

@Anonymous last fillup was about $45 @$3.52, including $.03 off for Kroger Plus card. Used 6% back Citi Driver's Edge card.
Message 40 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.