cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much did you spend on gas the last time you filled up? Did you use a gas card?

tag
l-bug
Established Member

Re: How much did you spend on gas the last time you filled up? Did you use a gas card?

Interesting signs taped to gas pumps in rural area (handwritten on paper torn in half):
NO LOOSE CHANGE. COINS MUST BE ROLLED.

Reckon people are scraping the bottom of their penny banks to buy gas?

Central Alabama: gas went up 10 cents overnight to $3.69/gal

Message 41 of 88
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: How much did you spend on gas the last time you filled up? Did you use a gas card?

$71 on my Chevron card.  Just did a PIF.  I use the card once every 2 months or so and PIF.  I wish I only had to send $71 every few months for gas but I normally use my debit card.  Forces me to stay in budget.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 42 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid $4.19 in Chicago yesterday. This is unbelievable !!
Message 43 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid $3.63 a gallon, filled up the tank on my 07 Mazda 3. The total was $40.62. I used my AMEX.

I am so thankful to DH for my new car. Last year had a minivan before gas was crazy. To fill up needed 24 gallons. So if I still had that car today the bill would have been $87.12. I fill up twice a month, so I am thrilled!!!!
Message 44 of 88
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

17 gallons, 66 dollars..  and I do this once every 5-6 days..  I cannot wait to move.

I've considered getting a pt job again or going back to my old one, but when I think about what I'd spend driving to and from the job, it's almost a wash.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 45 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure you check out www.gasbuddy.com to see whether there's someplace cheaper and closer nearby.
Message 46 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't recall exactly, but it was north of $50 last time I filled up - and I had almost a quarter tank when I pulled up to the pump. Ugh.
Message 47 of 88
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

3.89/ gallon @20 gallons= 77.00 dh (impala) and 27 gallons @ 3.89 (FE350 Econoline)105.03  (not a full tank, 3/4)

Hearts
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 48 of 88
MattH
Senior Contributor

About 33 dollars for my Camry's weekly refueling stop, and I used a Citibank Master Card which I will pay in full as I always do. My work is about 15 miles from home, meaning about 150 miles a week commuting plus whatever I do on weekends. Most shopping during the week adds little or nothing because my four usual routes are all about the same distance but each passes a different assortment of shops.

My next car may well be a Camry hybrid -- the Prius is a little smaller than I prefer. I never liked really big vehicles because they are hard to park, and the higher gas price makes me even less likely to get one. Even now, my 2000 Camry still is quiet enough that most rental cars seem annoyingly loud to me when I travel.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 49 of 88
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I hated to post on Noah's $4+ thread, because we're still pretty lucky here. Filled it up today at $3.59/gal for the cheap stuff, 14.73 gallons, $52.87.

After the PenFed 5% cash back discount, it works out to $3.41/gal. Still a pretty horrifying total though, and I saw a lot of young people who were putting in $5 or $10 and going on. Not going on very far, though, I guess.

FWIW, after Katrina and Rita destroyed a critical gas pipeline serving our region, our gas prices remained higher than most of the rest of the country for a long, long time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 50 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.