cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you pull your actual Fico score?

tag
diva0969
Regular Contributor

Re: How often do you pull your actual Fico score?

I'm a newbie and I've pulled mine four times this month already! I'm trying to stop though, and I'll pull them in early June when some of my cards update. And try to abstain for a while.....
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 21 of 30
NikJ4
Established Contributor

This is part of my question but also, is there a better time of the month to pull? Early, Middle or Late?
Sorry, newbie to this.
Message 22 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Most times (not always), with most accounts (not all), your reports are updated when your statements drop. What I try to do is find a time during the month where there's a gap between when one bunch of accounts has updated and the next batch isn't due yet. If you have recently made a big payment on a CC, you might pull 5-7 days after the statement date, in hopes that it is posted on all three accounts.

But you're still at the mercy of the credit bureaus to mosey around and actually update the reports, so sometimes you might as well just grit your teeth and do it.

Don't let waiting on the perfect time keep you from pulling. Three months from now, when great things are starting to happen for you, you'll be kicking yourself for not having a baseline set of reports! Smiley Very Happy It's like going on a diet and not knowing where you started from. It's a lot more fun to be able to say that you've lost ten pounds --or gained 20 points!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 30
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Since I am just starting and I can not afford all 3, which bureau would you suggest I use to get a start? EX,TU, or EQ?
Message 24 of 30
NikJ4
Established Contributor

ok I did it. Today I pulled one for both myself and the DH.
7/11/08 - EQ (him) 592
             - EQ (me) 427

I knew it would be ugly for me but I guess you are right. I needed to see what I was starting with. Now time for the long climb up the credit repair road. Glad I got my walking shoes on. This trip is going to take a while.

Message 25 of 30
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

We all had to start somewhere!  You'll get there!  It feels so good to look back on the worst of the worst and see your progress.

Please keep us posted!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 26 of 30
onmyway80
Valued Member

I've been waiting for something to post so I've pulled my report about 5 times in the last month. I still haven't seen the results of what I've been waiting on but just by paying my bills on time and paying down my cards I've seen the following increases: Experian 12 pts, Equifax 29 pts, and TU 13 points. I'm really excited about it and I'm so glad that I found this site. My scores are still only in the upper 500s but I feel like I'm on my way. Thanks myfico!!
Message 27 of 30
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

I pulled my reports via the Suzy O  program in March but haven't pulled since. I did sign up for True credit for $9.95 a month so I can get updated reports. Since it posts Fakos and not Ficos I think I may pull 1 Fico just to get an idea if I've improved or not.
 All 3 of my Fico scores were within 20 points and the same is holding true for my FAKO scores.Since I've seen people reporting Fakos that were higher and lower than their actual Ficos, I'm not sure how my Fakos compare to my Ficos. I think pulling 1 Fico will give me an idea of the other scores. I'm just not sure if I should wait until the end of next month to pull since 2 of my cc's will be at the 1 year mark.

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use ScoreWatch to keep track. (I'm paying down my util so I want to see how much it brings my score down and I'm trying to figure out when my cards report) I pull all three about once every 3 months or if I decide to apply for new credit.
Message 29 of 30
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have Credit secure which lets me know when things have reported, so when it is time to pull I know what I am getting!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.