Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the New Metal Amex Platinum

tag
ayeecorreia
New Contributor

How to get the New Metal Amex Platinum

Just an FYI, wanted to share with the community so that for those who want it, they can request it beginning March 30th.

plat

Amex Plat, Gold, BCP, EDP, Aspire, Delta Platinum,
NFCU Platinum, Cash Rewards, Amex More Rewards,
CSP, CFF,
Barclay Arrival,
BoA Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines,
Capital One Venture
Citi Costco
Paypal MC
Best Buy
Discover
Military Star
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get the New Metal Amex Platinum

Yeah I am wondering if they will send it to me in South Korea. I land over there on March 30th and will be over that way for a bit.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be requesting my metal card on the very first day (march 30th) lol. anyone else doing it on the first day?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could this end up being another CSR fiasco where they ran out of metal cards for a while?
Message 4 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

I'm going past go and opting for the business version, which I believe is staying plastic and it's fine with that.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

I'm going past go and opting for the business version, which I believe is staying plastic and it's fine with that.

Yeah according to TPG they confirmed there are no plans to make the business version metal at this time.

It's not a big thing and I wouldn't choose a metal card over a more useful one, but all else being equal they are nicer to hold. I love handing over the very heavy Ritz card haha Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will NOT be a CSR type of issue with Amex. There is absolutely ZERO hype for this new card.
I use to have the platinum card but alas the bennies are well below those of many other cards.
Infact i see a ton of posts saying they will cancel next year once their AF goes up.
I mean AMEX says what does our people want. Oh lets give them an uber credit per month and not fix our airline credit.
Message 7 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll be requesting my metal card on the very first day (march 30th) lol. anyone else doing it on the first day?

**Raise hand**

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any real pictures out of the metal amex plat card yet? 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

not that i was able to find.  i just ordered mine today so hopefully i wont have to swap cards again after the 30th lol

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.