cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join Credit Union in ALHAMBRA, CA?

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to join Credit Union in ALHAMBRA, CA?

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Can't speak to the other CU, but you do NOT have to work for the government, etc. to join PenFed. The most popular option is to do a one-time join of the National Military Families Association, and this will make you eligible.

You don't have to be in a military family to join NMFA; you just need to be willing to give them a one-time dues payment to support them (send kids to summer camp, etc.)

It's like buying Thin Mints and Samoas: you don't need to be a Girl Scout; you just have to be willing to help them out.

I think I'm going to start 'thinking' that Girl Scout Cookies are just for Girl Scouts.  I have a Samoa problem and my students totally know it.  They've been known to bring backup boxes, just in case.  One of our secretaries is a cookie mom -- and she emails me when there's a surplus of Samoas.

Sorry I don't know more about CUs.  I have belonged to three of them, but got really po'd at the last one when they coded a mistake as 'bad debt and placed for a skip' for a ONE DOLLAR derog.  I hope PenFed's around when that puppy is gone..  in the year 2037.

Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - You might consider Alliant. The are just south of LAX and one of the top rated CU's in the country from what I read. You can join by being a PTA member. One problem I have with them is the fact that they are so close to LAX. Traffic SUX there. I have tried twice to get to their branch to open an account. The first time traffic was so bad I aborted, the second time, I got there and my truck wouldn't fit in their parking lot so I still haven't joined. Still want to as they have great rates on savings.

* BTW - Sorry to hijack the GSC thread Smiley Wink

Message Edited by contractor on 06-26-2008 08:46 PM
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK OK, im going to open PENFED acct online by joining/paying the NMFA, but i dont know how much is the minimum deposit and should i open Saving acct or Checking?? Will they do a Hard pull when i open the acct??? I saw alots of ppl said PENFED is a good cc, so i`ll try to open the cc as soon as my EQ score go around 640ish....
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

kearney wrote:
OK OK, im going to open PENFED acct online by joining/paying the NMFA, but i dont know how much is the minimum deposit and should i open Saving acct or Checking?? Will they do a Hard pull when i open the acct??? I saw alots of ppl said PENFED is a good cc, so i`ll try to open the cc as soon as my EQ score go around 640ish....

Penfed is a hard pull to join. They do require a $5 deposit when they open your share account. You don't have to open a checking.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.