cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would use if you have 99,000 Marriott Rewards Points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would use if you have 99,000 Marriott Rewards Points?

Just want to throw it out there. If you have 99,000 Marriott rewards points, how would you use it? Just want to ask anyone's ideas out there Smiley Happy ... Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How would use if you have 99,000 Marriott Rewards Points?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to throw it out there. If you have 99,000 Marriott rewards points, how would you use it? Just want to ask anyone's ideas out there Smiley Happy ... Thanks.

To stay at Marriott/Ritz hotels?  I know that seems like an obvious answer and I'm not trying to be flippant but you really dont have a lot of alternatives.  Sure you can transfer them to airline programs but the transfer ratio is horrendous and I would only do that if it was absolutely needed to top off airline miles for a needed reward flight.  If you dont have any immediate plans for travel where you would stay at a Marriott I'd just bank the points until you do.  I had almost 260K and that's what I did until I booked a one night stay at a Ritz in LA before I travel to Australia.

I know that you can also use the point to book cruises but I have never really looked into that so no idea what value you would get from your points but given the overall value of Marriott points I wouldnt expect a huge return.

I wouldnt use them for gift cards as its just not worth it.

A final alternative which I personally recommend is to transfer them to me in a gesture of MyFico goodwill Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To stay at Marriott/Ritz hotels?  I know that seems like an obvious answer and I'm not trying to be flippant but you really dont have a lot of alternatives.  Sure you can transfer them to airline programs but the transfer ratio is horrendous and I would only do that if it was absolutely needed to top off airline miles for a needed reward flight.  If you dont have any immediate plans for travel where you would stay at a Marriott I'd just bank the points until you do.  I had almost 260K and that's what I did until I booked a one night stay at a Ritz in LA before I travel to Australia.

I know that you can also use the point to book cruises but I have never really looked into that so no idea what value you would get from your points but given the overall value of Marriott points I wouldnt expect a huge return.

A final alternative which I personally recommend is to transfer them to me in a gesture of MyFico goodwill Smiley Tongue

Thanks for sharing Irish Smiley Happy ... A goodwill gesture is nice but I think they have more points than I do ... like yours! lol Smiley Happy ... I guess 99,000 points is not really enough I think I have to let it grow more then. How much points did it take away afetr your 1 night stay at Marriott in LA? The emails i get from Marriott also says 3 night stay, is that equivalent to 99,000 points?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing Irish Smiley Happy ... A goodwill gesture is nice but I think they have more points than I do ... like yours! lol Smiley Happy ... I guess 99,000 points is not really enough I think I have to let it grow more then. How much points did it take away afetr your 1 night stay at Marriott in LA? The emails i get from Marriott also says 3 night stay, is that equivalent to 99,000 points?

The Ritz is 60K points for the nightplus $100 but that includes upgrade to Club level because of the Ritz card.  Yes you could get 3 nights at a Marriott for your points that's why I say to keep them for that use instead of the alternatives.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your points can probably get you more than you think.  For an example I just looked at the New Orleans Ritz Carlton and for four nights for basic room it is 100K points in late February.  Just keep them and add on as you can and someday reward yourself with a nice stay somewhere.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Ritz is 60K points for the nightplus $100 but that includes upgrade to Club level because of the Ritz card.  Yes you could get 3 nights at a Marriott for your points that's why I say to keep them for that use instead of the alternatives.

Thank you Irish Smiley Happy. I will saved it and add more to it. I am plan on international travel next year... You have a great line up of cards right there Irish Smiley Happy ... Now, I am wanting the Ritz card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Irish Smiley Happy. I will saved it and add more to it. I am plan on international travel next year... You have a great line up of cards right there Irish Smiley Happy ... Now, I am wanting the Ritz card Smiley Happy

You're very welcome and thanks as well.  The Ritz is a great card and with the free 3 nights it curretly is offering plus your points you could put together a very nice hotel stay.  Let me kow down the road if you have any more questions.  Glad to help anytime.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're very welcome and thanks as well.  The Ritz is a great card and with the free 3 nights it curretly is offering plus your points you could put together a very nice hotel stay.  Let me kow down the road if you have any more questions.  Glad to help anytime.

It's very nice to have great information from this forum Smiley Happy ... Ritz is my next card to have Smiley Happy ... Thanks again Irish!

Message 8 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Most expensive marriott hotels are 45,000 a night, most expensive ritz/edition hotels are 70,000 points a night, so you can do at least one night in any hotel.

Find somewhere you want to go, and start saving up points for it.

Rather than asking "where can I get the best bang for my buck", find some place that you truly want to visit, find out how many points you need, and make it happen. =]
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at about 250k in marriott points. It's nice to see when you log in.
I do have the Ritz card and it was well worth it. I did a platinum challenge 2 years ago and I WILL BUY back my status. I was given the Ritz-Carlton suite IE the presidential suite for new years eve-day last year, due to being the only platinum member on the club level.
With the 300 in airline credits it is basically a $95 card. Not to mention the new $100 coach credit now. So if you can be approved it is the best card.
Also get approved today and you will be grandfathered in at the $395 price not the $450 that starts tomorrow.

As for your 99k pointso save them you will know when to use them, you don't want to waste points on regular stays do you.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.