Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How you found this forum?

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

How you found this forum?

Just curious to see how everyone found this forum. There is so many knowlegable people here and oh so helpful.

I found this board through another board that I was a memeber for many many years, but it wasn't what it used to be and I decided to check out these boards. I am so very thankful I did and never looked backSmiley Happy

Was it through purchasing MYFICO products and you stumbled uopn the forum boards?

Did you find this through another board?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

Re: How you found this forum?

I found this board years ago by searching to see what cc pulled from which Bureau. I was pounding sand back then, and hunting hard. I studie but didn't want to post until I was satisfied that I had something to offer. That was my personal choice, do not read into that.  I'm always happy to be here because in my opinion, it's a better class of people. Those who care about their finances, don't log into a forum to be douchey, critical or vulgar...unlike most public message boards. The mods keep it tight here, but in the same breath...I'd submit that is an easy task just because of the caliber of people exhibiting politeness, courtesy, helpfulness on a very regular basis. 

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 2 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Agree 100% it's a great forum.  Mods do an excellent job

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 18
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Myfico threads have appeared in my google financial searches for years. In March I came across an old thread about a PC from Nordstrom retail card to Nordstrom Visa.   Of course, this manual process had been discontinued by the time I saw the thread. 

Now I cruise daily.  I can’t afford to miss the wealth of valuable information that can be found here!  

Message 4 of 18
Kree
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Was it through purchasing MYFICO products and you stumbled uopn the forum boards?

This one

Message 5 of 18
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

I kept getting preapprovals for a Capital One Platinum card after years of living off the credit grid. I finally decided to Google my chances of getting approved and came upon this forum.

TBH though, I'm still surprised Capital One approved me for an unsecured card with 540-560 scores.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 6 of 18
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Many year ago, I stumbled upon MyFICO while performing a Google search. Very glad...as I love it. I have referred MyFICO to many others.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did a search trying to remove a derogatory medical collection. RobertEG or someone cool helped me and I've had a clean record since. I've had credit six years and consult this site before any app.
Message 8 of 18
twall06
Frequent Contributor

I found this forum while trying to rebuild my credit with in months my credit was on the rise. It is a great tool that I recommend to every one when they ask about buying a home or anything credit related. It pains me when people say I want to buy a house , car etc and say I know nothing who should I go to to be taken care of. I always recommend coming here and soaking in as much as possible to be as informed as possible before buying.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good ol' fashioned google actually, when I was fresh out of college researching credit cards... Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.