Did you mean: 

How you found this forum?

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: How you found this forum?

@Kree wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Was it through purchasing MYFICO products and you stumbled uopn the forum boards?

This one

^ Same as above.

I started getting a free TU Fico 8 score through Discover card in 2-2014. I had purchased a Fico score from Equifax and it was quite different. I went ahead and purchased an updated score from Equifax. My EQ Fico score had increased but, was still much lower. This created some "what the hell" angst.

Afrer some searching I came across a Fico score product offered by Fair Isaac. After entering in my data to get a 3B report I came across the MyFico boards.  Good find! - that's how I learned my EQ Beacon score 5 was an older Fico 04 version used for mortgages. Also figured out my TU Fico 8 from Discover was a newer version used in most CC application reviews.

Below is the thread that started it all for me.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versio...

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 11 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I stumbled across the site a little over 2 1/2 years ago when I received an offer in the mail from NASA FCU.  I had never heard of them and thought it might be a scam.  Since they were the FOTM a few years back, these forums had a ton of posts about them and Google led me here.  I lurked for about a year before finally registering an account.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needed help establishing credit. Didn't start building/monitoring/using credit until my early 40's.

Message 13 of 18
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Just curious to see how everyone found this forum. There is so many knowlegable people here and oh so helpful.

I found this board through another board that I was a memeber for many many years, but it wasn't what it used to be and I decided to check out these boards. I am so very thankful I did and never looked backSmiley Happy

Was it through purchasing MYFICO products and you stumbled uopn the forum boards?

Did you find this through another board?

I purchased myFICO 3B Premium after I became obsessed with my credit which led me to this forum.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 14 of 18
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

I was obviously searching for something credit related and a couple threads from this forum came up. For the first month, I did nothing but read topic after topic. The wealth of knowledge on this forum is invaluable. To be able to educate yourself in one place is really what is helping me to achieve my financial goals and allows me to coach my friends and family.
Message 15 of 18
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

In all honesty, I can't remember how I found out about this forum; but I'm glad I did!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this forum through my DH.

I agree that the MODs here do a really good job maintaing  a FSR environment. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google brought me here numerous times through various searches before I just came here first to search for what I was looking for. Lurked for ages before registering.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.