Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Made it to Austin

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Made it to Austin

So here I am at my new job and I love it......

Sadly I go home tonight to an empty apartment.  My furniture is supposedly still in Las Vegas and is being held hostage for more $ and no delivery date scheduled or planned......

My fear is I have lost everything.....I have reported them to the BBB, the US Dept. of Transportation and Movingscam.com.

I don't care about the furniture....Just the pictures, my grandmothers mirror and my hard drive (just thinking about the information on that is killing me right now)

I guess I'll be buying my credit reports often.....

Other than that I love Austin, TX !!!! :-)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: I Made it to Austin

Welcome to Texas.  I hope you brought some rain and some cooler weather.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good luck with the movers! It must be terribly worrying. I'd be calling the police by now.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Booo to the movers.

This isn't meant top rub salt in your wounds, but here's a video on a similar situation wiith info on what to do:

Message 4 of 8
dizzier
Established Contributor

CALL THE POLICE. seriously. report it as robbery. also, try one of those news investigation outfits. I bet if they get a call from ABC your stuff will magically appear again.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

1111mel wrote:
So here I am at my new job and I love it......

Sadly I go home tonight to an empty apartment.  My furniture is supposedly still in Las Vegas and is being held hostage for more $ and no delivery date scheduled or planned......

My fear is I have lost everything.....I have reported them to the BBB, the US Dept. of Transportation and Movingscam.com.

I don't care about the furniture....Just the pictures, my grandmothers mirror and my hard drive (just thinking about the information on that is killing me right now)

I guess I'll be buying my credit reports often.....

Other than that I love Austin, TX !!!! :-)

Listen to HTSU and Diz!!  Call the police and the local news stations, pronto!!  Smiley Surprised  Shine the spotlight of the law and the media on these slimeballs, show 'em you won't be jerked around!

Keeping fingers crossed for you...

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 8
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on loving the new job. 

Good luck getting your treasures back. 
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 7 of 8
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear of the furniture held hostage. I would call the police as well. Good luck, I've heard about this happening.
Welcome to TX, you'll love it here. When you get situated and settled in I highly suggest you visit IKEA, for odds and ends for your new place. Central Market for possibly the best produce, meat, seafood, bakery items. Get to know 6th street if you like live music and going out. If you like Italian food go to Buccas! OMG fabulous! 
And if you ever come to Georgetown (about 20-30 minutes away) I work at a fabulous little local owned restaurant that serves probably the best burger you'll ever eat. We have really great catfish too. I must be hungry I'm mentioning a lot of food stuff here.
Keep us posted about your belongings, this is so wrong.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.