Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Must Say.....

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

I Must Say.....

ever since I signed up with Credit Karma and Experian.com, I'm practically "obsessed" with my credit score. It's the first thing I check when I get up in the morning, and I will log in and check it throughout the day. Every 2 pt drop is met with words I care not to repeat and if the score goes the other way, well let's just say I hop out of bed with a little more vigor so to speak. Anybody else do this? Check on their credit scores multiple times a day?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: I Must Say.....

Yes. See below for more free scores.

Free mortgage scores
UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

EX2 + 3 Bureau report for $1 at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the reoccurring charge.
TU4 WyHy quarterly score. Not sure on membership requirement. Maybe hard pull TU?
EQ5 Get a savings account with DCU. Soft pull EQ to be a member. Free monthly score.

Message 2 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

If you don't have it, try wallethub.com for daily TU VantageScore reports.

Message 3 of 12
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

ever since I signed up with Credit Karma and Experian.com, I'm practically "obsessed" with my credit score. It's the first thing I check when I get up in the morning, and I will log in and check it throughout the day. Every 2 pt drop is met with words I care not to repeat and if the score goes the other way, well let's just say I hop out of bed with a little more vigor so to speak. Anybody else do this? Check on their credit scores multiple times a day?

I pay for the daily EX monitoring service, and also check my free Wallet Hub daily TU VS3 updates. I have a morning routine that includes logging in to each card as well as my bank accounts, then checking my credit scores, then (sadly these days) checking my investments. I have my links saved in order that I go through them every day. You're not alone, my friend. Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I used to check Experian almost daily, the "other" sites and scores I don't waste my time looking or worrying about as they are basically pointless.

I now check maybe once a week unless I get an alert from Exp.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check WalletHub daily, Credit Karma at least weekly, and I do at least one Experian trial a month to update the score signatures. 

Message 6 of 12
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

I signed up forCredit Karma years ago and hardly ever checked it (maybe once a year) but since I started working on my credit I have checked it every time it updates along with the other 5-6 services I use (I check them every time they update).  I have slowed down a little now as I am not making as many moves.

In the very beginning when you start learning the ends and outs of the credit world and start setting goals it is easy to become a little diligent (obsessed if you will lol).

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an obsession too while I'm trying to raise my score. I check everything once a day. MyFico, Experian, Transunion, Equifax. Just to make sure that old inquiries are dropping off reports, or collections that I've paid are deleted off. And I like seeing my credit scores go up. I want to see each bureau score up!! Lol. I like to compare MyFico and the others to see the ridiculous variances (although experian danx transunion are much more in line than Equifax). Then I like to go on the MyFico community board to search for data points that people have stated that has resulted in credit limit increases. This is every day. I have a problem lol. 

Message 8 of 12
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Yep it can easily become an addiction.  Particularly if you're committed to raising your scores and/or wanting to learn everything you can.  I'm beyond the rebuild state (Thank GOD!) but the addiction is still there.  I'm now focused on data points and still pay 2 separate monthly subscriptions just to see how my profile reacts to every possible change and hopefully it allows me to help others.  I check everything everyday.  But even if I become sober and recover from this addiction I will always check my credit and bank accounts daily as I feel that is almost necessary today with what seems to be the ease of fraud and the breach episodes.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 9 of 12
EverForward
Established Contributor

New rebuilder here and already quite addicted to learning as much as possible, rebuilding my credit, and improving my scores. Signed up to WalletHub this morning thanks to this thread. I have been on this forum multiple times a day researching trending topics. I signed up for Experian 5 days ago for trial to obtain my 3 credit report scores. I love the open knowledge sharing here. Credit scores have such an impact on people's lives.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.