Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just closed one of my BoA accounts.

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I just closed one of my BoA accounts.

I had 2 accounts with them and for several years now have thought about combining CL's and closing one of them . So today I decided to finally do it. I closed a M/C that was only used to autopay my XM Radio bill each month and moved that CL to my 1-2-3 Visa Signature card.

I now have one less CC to manage each month. I'm down to 6 cards and that's still probably too many but I can live with that number for now. All in all I'm glad I made the move.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I just closed one of my BoA accounts.

BofA will miss you...halfway.

Message 2 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

BofA will miss you...halfway.

They'll just have to get over it.

Message 3 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Did they at least make a half~hearted attempt to keep your account open ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

It's one of those weird things, MVV. We work like heck to repair, build, or whatever credit and then hit a point of "Less is more". Smiley Happy

My 5-6 year plan is trim down to 2-3 cards.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

Did they at least make a half~hearted attempt to keep your account open ?

It was more like a quarter-hearted attempt. The CSR didn't really push keeping it open.

Message 6 of 13
FrugalRican
Blogger

Unless they can sell you something, they don't care.

That's why they are #1 in the 2012 Customer Hall of Shame!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

It's one of those weird things, MVV. We work like heck to repair, build, or whatever credit and then hit a point of "Less is more". Smiley Happy

My 5-6 year plan is trim down to 2-3 cards.

I agree. I opened those 2 accounts back in 2004; long before I found myFICO and learned that opening cards just to open them without a master plan is rather foolish.

I might close several more in the next few years but for now I'll stand pat.

Message 8 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@FrugalRican wrote:

Unless they can sell you something, they don't care.

That's why they are #1 in the 2012 Customer Hall of Shame!

I respect your opinion but I don't consider them any better or any worse than any of my other CC issuers. I've had good and bad experiences with all of them.

As an update it did cost me a hard pull to do this but it's no big deal. It's the first inquiry I've had in almost 3 years and I don't foresee applying for any new credit for a long time.

Message 9 of 13
FrugalRican
Blogger

That's not my opinion. I can't cite the article, since I'm at work but I did read it on MSN today.

A report/poll came out today, BoA came out #1, AOL was #2, Comcast was #3 (I believe).

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.