Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!

fused wrote:
I live in Hawaii, what is snow? Where does it come from? Is it expensive?Smiley Happy

I can hook you up fused. With the next big snow, you can keep for free whatever snow you can shovel off our walk and driveway.
Message 21 of 35
marty56
Super Contributor

I'm dreaming of a Green Christmas.  Green as in winning the lotto.  I can then go anywhere they are having a White Christmas, or make it white by my house if I want.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 22 of 35
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Mo, 

How many cans of whipped cream does it take to cover all of that??  Los Angeles will be sunny and 67 today.  Smiley Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had the 6th white Christmas of the past 100 years here in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas.

Was 80 degrees 23rd, shorts, tanks and sun glasses.  24th we got over an inch accumulation.  Froze over that night and woke up with a Texas White Christmas.  By that afternoon (25th) most had melted off and today only the snow in shadowed areas remains.  Kids got to build a snowman, make snow angels and throw snow balls in the morning...then got to ride there scooters, skates, bikes and skate boards in the afternoon.

So we got the best White Christmas...came for Christmas then went away before we all head back to work Monday!

Message Edited by txjohn on 12-26-2009 01:57 PM
Message 24 of 35
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We had the 6th white Christmas of the past 100 years here in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas.

Was 80 degrees 23rd, shorts, tanks and sun glasses.  24th we got over an inch accumulation.  Froze over that night and woke up with a Texas White Christmas.  By that afternoon (25th) most had melted off and today only the snow in shadowed areas remains.  Kids got to build a snowman, make snow angels and throw snow balls in the morning...then got to ride there scooters, skates, bikes and skate boards in the afternoon.

So we got the best White Christmas...came for Christmas then went away before we all head back to work Monday!

Message Edited by txjohn on 12-26-2009 01:57 PM

It did snow here Christmas Eve, it even reminded me of up north. Thankfully it did not stick! My sister called me and was so excited, she hasn't been up north for over 25 years.I hate snow, I hate cold weather and winter. I moved south for a reason! I do think the pics are cool and that's how I like my winters, looking at pics of snow. LOL

Message 25 of 35
MattH
Senior Contributor

@MattH wrote:

We're getting it now in CT; fortunately we don't have to go anywhere on Sunday morning!  The supermarket was pretty busy Saturday afternoon.

Growing up in Wisconsin we always had a White Christmas and about half the time a White Easter (as a kid I liked to annoy grownups by singing "I'm dreaming of a White Easter" whenever we had one).  Wisconsin had some pretty incredible winters in the 1970s, I recall drifts over my head and entire weeks it did not get above 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

Update: our part of CT got buried the weekend before Christmas, but since it fell on a Saturday night into a Sunday morning the impact was pretty limited.  My wife and I did not go to church that Sunday morning, but by early afternoon the roads had been plowed.  A couple days later we flew to visit relatives in Colorado without incident; while in the Rocky Mountains we had snow on several days but not enough to affect travel, and our flight back to CT today was on time.  I understand CT got more snow and ice while we were away, but the roads were OK this evening.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 26 of 35
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

We're in the midwest and had what my grown children are already calling "the blizzard of '09." We had over 2 feet of snow that blew around for days. They closed our interstates from Christmas eve until Saturday/Sunday.

We were all snowed in at my house from Wednesday night to Sunday...3 bedroom houre...13 of us. Mother-in-law, grown kids with spouses and significant others, grandkids, Siberian Husky (my cat didn't appreciate this at all...and let everyone know it by continually climbing the Christmas tree to escape). We had a huge live tree and finally had to wire it to the ceiling to make sure it would keep standing.

We ate a lot...washed towels...played games...washed dishes...ate some more...washed towels...washed dishes...etc. My husband and I slept on a couch all 4 nights.

Luckily, my husband grew up in northern Minnesota and loves snow...or, should I say...loves snow blowing. What is it about guys and snow blowing?

I think I will look back and love the memory of "the blizzard of '09." I just need a little time...

Message 27 of 35
MattH
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

We're in the midwest and had what my grown children are already calling "the blizzard of '09." We had over 2 feet of snow that blew around for days. They closed our interstates from Christmas eve until Saturday/Sunday.

We were all snowed in at my house from Wednesday night to Sunday...3 bedroom houre...13 of us. Mother-in-law, grown kids with spouses and significant others, grandkids, Siberian Husky (my cat didn't appreciate this at all...and let everyone know it by continually climbing the Christmas tree to escape). We had a huge live tree and finally had to wire it to the ceiling to make sure it would keep standing.

We ate a lot...washed towels...played games...washed dishes...ate some more...washed towels...washed dishes...etc. My husband and I slept on a couch all 4 nights.

Luckily, my husband grew up in northern Minnesota and loves snow...or, should I say...loves snow blowing. What is it about guys and snow blowing?

I think I will look back and love the memory of "the blizzard of '09." I just need a little time...

Ask your husband about "the freeze of '78" if he is old enough to remember it.

This Blizzard was especially memorable in Wisconsin where I grew up.

Message Edited by MattH on 01-03-2010 08:58 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 28 of 35
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@MattH wrote:

Ask your husband about "the freeze of '78" if he is old enough to remember it.

This Blizzard was especially memorable in Wisconsin where I grew up.

Looks as if the blizzard of '78 may have been east of where we are. Our state closed down all its interstates over Christmas, but some people still had to try. There were stories of rescues by the highway patrol of people who drove around the gates closing the roads. Supposedly these people are going to have some criminal charges.

Message 29 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

Flurries here in Mississippi today.  The mercury has dropped!
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.