cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired of this **bleep**capital one mail !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm tired of this **bleep**capital one mail !!!

they keep sending me pre approvals for quicksilver I dont want it !!!! I can't opt out of the pre screen Because if I do I don't receive any others from other lenders right ?! 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm tired of this **bleep**capital one mail !!!

Happened to me to. They kept sending me apps for AF cards. I applied for the card I wanted got it and the mail has stopped. FPB Wont stop nowSmiley Mad

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

they keep sending me pre approvals for quicksilver I dont want it !!!! I can't opt out of the pre screen Because if I do I don't receive any others from other lenders right ?! 

Send them FP and CreditOne offers back. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Send them FP and CreditOne offers back. Smiley Wink

Real talk that works ?! I have  a couple old fbp's around 

Message 4 of 19
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My father gets one every week. I guess the goal is to keep USPS afloat Smiley Indifferent

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just fill the app in as VOID and put it in their prepaid and send it back.  They pay postage and they'll eventually get the message.

Alternatively, send an email to the EO and request to be taken off the mailing list.  My uncle keeps getting offers for the same junk Cap One card.  I told him to wait until they send an offer for the QS card and then jump on it haha.

Message 6 of 19
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

The struggles of having good credit profiles. Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't mind if it was once a month ! But it's a freaking harassment ! Almost every week !!!!! I mean sure much rather have a cap one pre approval in the mail than some credit one or first premiers or some bank of Omaha but still.... -_-

Message 8 of 19
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Meh, I just toss it. My husband has excellent credit and gets credit card offers from prime banks, along with balance transfer offers, car loans, etc etc, . For some reason we get Cap1 credit card offers for his dad who passed away in Sept. Smiley Indifferent

It all goes in the trash.

Message 9 of 19
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

I guess there is no opt-out for a specific business huh? I ended up doing an opt-out across the board. I personally never put any faith in mail offers I ever received - especially when I was rebuilding.

You could always try the EO and ask that they remove you from their mailing list. Not sure if it would do any good though.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.