cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

Did anyone else experience this when they first joined? It's the first place I log into after checking my cc accounts of course. I'm obsessed! I can't get enough. I sit here and read and read topics that often have nothing to do with my situation. I specfically love reading about others' credit journeys and their new approvals. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

This place can save you money, and even make you money. It can also prevent bad, uninformed decisions. These are the motivations for most around here.

Facebook, not as much benefit.

<edited for spelling>

Message 2 of 30
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I like to come here sometimes

Message 3 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone else experience this when they first joined? It's the first place I log into after checking my cc accounts of course. I'm obsessed! I can't get enough. I sit here and read and read topics that often have nothing to do with my situation. I specfically love reading about others' credit journeys and their new approvals. Is this normal?

In a nutshell, yes and no. 

It's normal for you because you're working on your credit and you probably find those stories inspiring. Rebuliding is a hard work, so a little hope and a feel-good story helps take some of the pressure off.

The no part is that rebuilding can become very consuming. It borderlines on OCD. 

So, nothing wrong with what you're doing, but don't let credit take over your life.  

Message 4 of 30
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope it's normal, because I'm doing the same.  I've got my rebuild to the point where there is nothing else I can actively do other than monitor, let age and keep utilization in check.  I'm planning on applying for a mortgage late next Spring, so I'm allowing my credit OCD to continue to ensure nothing goes awry between now and then.  Hopefully, I can start weaning myself after that point....but there's not guarantee. Smiley Very Happy

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 5 of 30
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I come and go.  Sometimes I spend an inordinate amount of time sometimes not so much.  It's a great forum regardless with lots to learn from.

Message 6 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

don't let credit take over your life.  

I had a dream....anybody know what I'm talking about?!?Smiley HappySmiley SadSmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 30
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

So do I. By a long shot lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

This place can save you money, and even make you money. It can also prevent bad, uninformed decisions. These are the motivations for most around here.

Facebook, not as much benefit.

<edited for spelling>

So true! I never would have learned about gardening if it weren't for this forum! 

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The no part is that rebuilding can become very consuming. It borderlines on OCD. 

So, nothing wrong with what you're doing, but don't let credit take over your life.  

I'm can safely say that I'm in the OCD stage. Any free time I have is either on the boards or checking my cards. I have my goal cards on a vision board. I've offically checked out! 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.