cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

Have you been obsessed since your rebuild began in '17?

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how long it's been around? Kicking myself that I didn't join sooner! Call me crazy but I love it here Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 30
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I don't use Facebook. Facebook is 90% fluff. Like others have said, I have learnt a lot here, and has helped me make informed decisions regarding credit.

Message 13 of 30
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Oh I do that for sure!  Haha

Message 14 of 30
RSX
Valued Contributor

I dropped off FB months ago. I was never a heavy user, but I don't like their practices.  

I wish I had found this site in 2011 when I moved to the US.  I am doing well, but it certainly could have been easier

I would rather learn on this site, than be directed around FB with what they think I should read

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 15 of 30
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I check this site daily. If I do not sign in each day and look around I feel like I have missed something. Signing into this site is a part of my daily routine and I would not want it any other way.

Message 16 of 30
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone else experience this when they first joined? It's the first place I log into after checking my cc accounts of course. I'm obsessed! I can't get enough. I sit here and read and read topics that often have nothing to do with my situation. I specfically love reading about others' credit journeys and their new approvals. Is this normal? Same here, sounds like addiction to me but i think its a good one, one to better our well being and state of affairs, JMOSmiley LOLHeart

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha people still use Facebook??  It all goes down in the dm's anyways!  Really though never had Facebook. Never understood people I knew(know) that would take a pic of what they were eating to post on there. Seemed like a waste of time living some fake virtual life. 

Signed up here and been hooked. Wake up and check my bank accounts, credit reports, credit cards and next stop is myfico. And that happens many times through out the day. 

**forgot to add. I must keep myself away from the approvals section. Every time I read an approval I think in my head "dang I should apply for that one, oh that one sounds good, should I break out of the garden for one more?"  That section is bad for me

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSX nailed it for me. Facebook ran its course for me. I don’t go anymore- way too much ridiculous empire-building, vapid foolishness, and inane behavior. If that sounds judgmental, well, I can live with it. It’s what I see.

I choose to spend my online time here. If I’m going to be online, it may as well be something that I can learn from. And honestly I enjoy credit - the improvements, the mechanics of the algorithms, the way that threads I read that don’t apply to me now may well benefit me at some point in the future. And the people here are great, I very much enjoy the interactions Smiley Happy

As for the idiocy I see on Facebook, it reminds me of something I saw once (ironically on Facebook). It applies to way too many people I saw there:

“You only live once, so by all means spend 15 hours a day online, desperately seeking validation from strangers.”
Message 19 of 30
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha people still use Facebook??  It all goes down in the dm's anyways!  Really though never had Facebook. Never understood people I knew(know) that would take a pic of what they were eating to post on there. Seemed like a waste of time living some fake virtual life. 

Signed up here and been hooked. Wake up and check my bank accounts, credit reports, credit cards and next stop is myfico. And that happens many times through out the day. 

**forgot to add. I must keep myself away from the approvals section. Every time I read an approval I think in my head "dang I should apply for that one, oh that one sounds good, should I break out of the garden for one more?"  That section is bad for me

You'll get over it. I was the same way when I started gardening. Sooner or later you'll realize that it's the same cards and everyone has similar datapoints so there's no point in looking anymore. 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.