cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

tag
Blazon
Valued Member

Re: I spend more time on MyFICO than Facebook! Am I losing my mind?

You are not alone.  I have been addicted to this Forum for the past 3 weeks (Sept 15th start date).  Passion for credit excellance is just the start for me.  It is the behavioral changes needed to keep my credit history clean for the future.  This forum is a great support channel.  Your testimonal is a great motivator for folks like me who appreciate the success stories of others.  Thank you for Sharing... Keep up the good work...

Message 21 of 30
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I got a kick out of that same realization awhile back when I noticed the first result after typing f was for FicoForums. I now no longer have Facebook.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha people still use Facebook??  It all goes down in the dm's anyways!  Really though never had Facebook. Never understood people I knew(know) that would take a pic of what they were eating to post on there. Seemed like a waste of time living some fake virtual life. 

Signed up here and been hooked. Wake up and check my bank accounts, credit reports, credit cards and next stop is myfico. And that happens many times through out the day. 

**forgot to add. I must keep myself away from the approvals section. Every time I read an approval I think in my head "dang I should apply for that one, oh that one sounds good, should I break out of the garden for one more?"  That section is bad for me

You'll get over it. I was the same way when I started gardening. Sooner or later you'll realize that it's the same cards and everyone has similar datapoints so there's no point in looking anymore. 

You right. Honestly it's the whole can't have it that makes you want it. I'm staying strong and sticking to my gardening date. There are only a few more cards I want to get anyways. A couple from NFCU and a couple more from Amex and I'm good. And grow the ones I got. 👍🏽

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I loathe Facebook and have been off of it for nearly 3 years.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ lol @hulkcreditsmash, that’s what we all say...
Message 25 of 30
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

I'd say that puts you smack dab in the middle of charmingly sane. First off, the folks here are a great deal more pleasant. They're also a heck of a lot more helpful. It sure is a relief to be free of those earth shattering disputes, such as whether the band from Athens, GA is R.E.M. or REM. (Yes, that was a real dispute!) The cherry on top of the FICO sundae is how unlikely it is that you will encounter any of your toxic family members.

"Well, this probably won't work, but has anyone ever tried to just haul off and whoop the crazy out of him?"
--Howard Wolowitz
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tinglywoowoo wrote:
I'd say that puts you smack dab in the middle of charmingly sane. First off, the folks here are a great deal more pleasant. They're also a heck of a lot more helpful. It sure is a relief to be free of those earth shattering disputes, such as whether the band from Athens, GA is R.E.M. or REM. (Yes, that was a real dispute!) The cherry on top of the FICO sundae is how unlikely it is that you will encounter any of your toxic family members.

"Well, this probably won't work, but has anyone ever tried to just haul off and whoop the crazy out of him?"
--Howard Wolowitz

Feels like I'm back in uni again! I thoroughly enjoy learning from this forum! 

Message 27 of 30
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Yep, experienced it, still experiencing it.  While having my morning coffee I check my accounts then come here.  I enjoy it. This is my only social media account and although there are occasions where that negative FB nonsense kicks in here, it's usually stomped out pretty quickly.  Yay!  I hate "reading" people "type arguing". Smiley Frustrated  Joined FB in 2013, broke up with FB in 2016.  Had enough.

I signed up here in 2016 and think I may have missed more days at work then logging in here Smiley Wink  The fact that I can LEARN and sometimes help is what draws me.  I'm a financial person so like many, the algorithms fascinates me.  And the game/puzzle person in me enjoys figuring things out.  It never stops.

But I do realize it is a bit of an obsession but better than many other obsessions in my opinion.  I've completed my rebuild and currently in the maintenance mode thanks to ALL that I've learned here.  My obsession, addiction if you will has lead me to explore other forums I've never visited. 

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 28 of 30
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

I quit Facebook. I'm still here.
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facebook has pretty much lost me at this point. They have made so many changes that make me hate it more and more. The most recent one is they decided to just remove notifications for every single friend I had set to receive them for. I now only get notifications when a group I'm a member of has a new post.

I have spent an absurd amount of time on this site haha.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.