Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think it is time for this community to call out Virtue Signalling

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I think it is time for this community to call out Virtue Signalling

Far too many people with great credit, earned or married, belittle those that come here for assistance. People don't join this forum for you to feel better about yourself. They come here to better themselves. Stop using them as step-stools to feel better about yourself.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: I think it is time for this community to call out Virtue Signalling

I'd kudo you...

Message 2 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

I'd kudo you...

Thanks. The people that needed to hear it frequent the exo democratic regions.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

For the most part, it's FSR here. There can be some "flare ups" here and there.

Message 4 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

A "remedy" for everything

Message 5 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Far too many people with great credit, earned or married, belittle those that come here for assistance. People don't join this forum for you to feel better about yourself. They come here to better themselves. Stop using them as step-stools to feel better about yourself.

We have people from all credit demographics participating on this site, that's part of what makes it so great - there's something for nearly everybody. 

There's a policy here that all posts must be, 'Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful', or FSR, and if you feel a post violates this guideline you need to flag it for a moderator so we can take a look and if appropriate deal with the issue. 

Message 6 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

We have people from all credit demographics participating on this site, that's part of what makes it so great - there's something for nearly everybody. 

There's a policy here that all posts must be, 'Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful', or FSR, and if you feel a post violates this guideline you need to flag it for a moderator so we can take a look and if appropriate deal with the issue. 

I was not attempting to flag any post. I was asserting that several community members berate those those that are attemting to approve themselves. If I am wrong, as a moderator, I am sure you can prove as such.

EDIT: I need not, but I stand ready to counter any evidence you offer. Unless you are going to do a lot of scrubbing.

Message 7 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I was not attempting to flag any post. I was asserting that several community members berate those those that are attemting to approve themselves. If I am wrong, as a moderator, I am sure you can prove as such.

If you feel this (or any other issue) is happening you need to flag the post, we can't be everywhere all of the time.

The moderator team isn't shy at all when it comes to dealing with problems as they come up, but we have to be aware of them.

Message 8 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

As UncleB mentioned, report the post. I've done my share when I see something. The moderators are on top of it.

Message 9 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

If you feel this (or any other issue) is happening you need to flag the post, we can't be everywhere all of the time.

The moderator team isn't shy at all when it comes to dealing with problems as they come up, but we have to be aware of them.

I understand the "moderator team" isn't shy at all.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.