Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

Which ones will it be? I’m just curious to what you guys have to say about that.

It can be points or cash back. A good combo that works for you.

For me, my goal was to get The:
SavorOne (I don’t have it yet)
- 3% Dining & Entertainment
- 2% Groceries
- 1% Everything else
Quicksilver (PC venture To QS)
- 1.5% flat everything

I’m a simple man with simple needs and IN MY OPINION capital one has the best phone App interface and Service they have always been good to me with CLI or any other help.
I know there are way better Cashback combos but not for me. I could add in the BOFA Cash rewards, that’s also another good cash back card in my opinion but that would make it 3 cards. 😃

Anyways what would your combo look like??
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

If we're talking cashback not sure why anyone's app is lackluster enough to ignore it; even DCU which is a comparitively backwards CU is just fine for a transaction record, payment, and presumably rewards redemption in their app and their web interface.

There's a number of 2% options, doesn't make sense to ignore them honestly to have just one app which is rarely checked instead of two apps which are rarely checked: .5% adds up when we're talking lifetimes, and those are easy options nothing complex.

These days I'm only carrying two cards (CSR / FU) so I guess that would be my combo of choice FWIW.

        
Message 2 of 52
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyways what would your combo look like?

Driver's license and social security card.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 3 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Platinum

Capital One QS

Honestly, I would want one of the two to be a low APR card for large purchases and unexpected expenses so the Platinum at its current 8.24% would be a winner. 

For my other card, I would want one that I know is reliable, has simple cash back redemption, and a decent app so it would be the QS as well. The 2% from the PayPal is nice but I don’t like the Synchrony/PayPal portal mess and I don’t trust Sync to be there for me in a dispute like I know Capital One is (I’ve had two in the almost 5 years I have had my QS and Capital One went to bat for me in both of them). 

I also wouldn’t want to park my business with just one lender and I would prefer at least one of the two to be with a CU so these two make even more sense. 

Message 4 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyways what would your combo look like?

Driver's license and social security card.

Wow, your rewards combo is outstanding.

Message 5 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Of my current lineup , id probably have my Navy CR, great limit, decent rewards and relatively low apr . And for the other id probably go with my Propel Amex for versatilty. Tough choice for only 2 lolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 52
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

For me my main card would be my Amex EDP since MR's get a great redemption valvue and then my BOA Premium Rewards for purchases that do not take Amex.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 7 of 52
Namaste7
Established Contributor

AMEX Gold + AMEX BBP

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 8 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a BofA CR and I would get a CSR.

Message 9 of 52
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Citi DC and Amex BCE

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.