Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Re: IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

Citi DC for 2% back everywhere, and US Bank Cash+ for 5% off categories, which include utilities and cell (two of my biggest spending categories).

If I could designate groceries as a 5% category all year instead of just one quarter, I'd replace the US Bank with Discover it Cash Back.

Message 11 of 52
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Power Cash
&
US Bank Cash+
😎
Message 12 of 52
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

PCMCU rewards card 5% everything

US Bank Cash + 5% quarterly choice

Message 13 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, this is first thread like this ive seen where everyone is actually adhering to Op's questionSmiley Wink. Now watch me jinx itSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 52
galahad15
Valued Contributor

The 2 that I would keep would be my BEFCU VISA and PACU MC cards, because they have very low go-to APRs + rewards offered together on the same card.

Message 15 of 52
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

DC and AARP visa

Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

My combo would be a cash back and a travel card, I love traveling and getting cashback. I don't have the cards I want yet but my combo is: Citibank Double Cash Card and Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card. DC because it gives 2% cash back instead of my other 1.5% cash back cards. Propel Amex because there are more opportunities to earn points that can go towards travel. I'm not one for annual fees when it comes to card usage but if there's a way to have annual fees waived or have points to pay for the annual fee that would definitely open my horizon towards other cards Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 52
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Definitately my Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (previously Marriott Rewards Premier Plus), because I'm a business traveler and it gives 2 points for every $1 spent along with 6 points for every Marriott $1 spent.  Not to mention the 15 elite nights credit and one free stay a year.  I love this card, and it's my daily card for montly expenses and paid off at the end of each month.  

I think my next favorite card would be my Discover.  It's offered really good BT opportunities over the years and offers CLIs without a hard pull.  It's a great secondary card to have.  

Message 18 of 52
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Amex Gold & EDP...those are my daily drivers...

Message 19 of 52
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Penfed power cash and SavorOne

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.