Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: IF IF you could only carry TWO cards for the rest of your life

The only times CSR and  Uber Visa don't cover most of my spend are with rare househod furnishing purchases.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 31 of 52
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Gold
BECU Visa

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 32 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL @ the idea of being stuck with a bipolar Barclays card for the rest of my life! smiley-laughing021.gif

+ 1 what they said 👆🏾

Message 33 of 52
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Oh this is too easy.  AU cards on Jeff Bezos' Amex Platinum and CSR accounts!

Message 34 of 52
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd say my Savor 4%CB and BB&T 3% gas CB. Use the Savor everyday for breakfast, dates, entertainment, and groceries. BB&T for getting lunch for 2nd job, gas, and other things in store.

Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) AMEX GOLD
2) Chase Visa (either CSR or Southwest) for times Amex isnt accepted.
Message 36 of 52
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL @ the idea of being stuck with a bipolar Barclays card for the rest of my life! smiley-laughing021.gif

If you're just going to use two cards and thus not opening any new cards or having inquiries, things would be just fine with Barclay. They're not bipolar per se, but very sensitive to new inqs/accounts. Absent that, one should be fine.

For purposes of this thread, probably my BOA Cash Rewards and Discover IT just because they're my oldest two. lol

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have to hope that every merchant would take American Express cards. In that case, my two would be American Express Blue Cash Preferred and JCPenney. I would use the Amex card for everything, except for JCPenney, which is where I do most of my clothing shopping. That card comes in really handy for getting the much needed discounts there. If Amex still wouldn't be accepted everywhere, then I'd have to choose my blue cash card and Chase Freedom Unlimited. I'd in that case use Amex for gas and groceries and Chase for everything else.

US Bank Cash+ $5000 | Chase Freedom $1500 | JCPenney $1500 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $500 | Discover It Cash Back $3500 | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $1500

Message 38 of 52
NRB525
Super Contributor

AMEX Gold due to revamped earning and transfer capabilities.

Diners Club Premier as a global Chip+PIN, lounge access MC with many of the transfer partners aligning / supplemting the MR partners.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 39 of 52
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I'm already down to two cards.  See my signature below.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.