Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS tax papers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS tax papers

I filed my tax return on March 10th and IRS doesn't show received. I called the accoutant he said IRS said it takes 8-12 weeks now. I didn't know the accountant was mailing it in. Does any one else have similar sitution if they mailed it in?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: IRS tax papers

Unfortunately the IRS has a huge backlog of manual returns to process and that timeline seems correct.  As long as it was postmarked by April 18th (19th in Mass and Maine due to state holiday on the 18th) and payment for any taxes due were included, there would be no penalty.  If you were owed a refund, it may be a while.  Even with electronic filing that requires no manual review I think they are still out about 21 days.

Message 2 of 4
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed my tax return on March 10th and IRS doesn't show received. I called the accoutant he said IRS said it takes 8-12 weeks now. I didn't know the accountant was mailing it in. Does any one else have similar sitution if they mailed it in?

Im very surprised that your accountant doesnt e-file. Ever ask why they dont?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 4
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I am cheap and, since Turbo Tax lets you e-file the Fed for free but not the state (CA for me), I e-file the Fed and mail in the state.  Ironically, I have received my state refund but not my Fed refund.  I e-filed/mailed early April.  

You can check your status here.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp   

Mine says still being processed.  Smiley Sad  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.