cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Would It Be?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Would It Be?

If a person(s) you truly cared about asked, "Which Keeper Credit Card Would You Recommend I obtained and Keep Forever?"

Which Keeper Credit Card would you suggest? 

Remember, only "ONE,"  please.

Just trying to get people's honest, empirical responses.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

@Anonymous wrote:

If you were on your death bed and a person(s) you truly cared about asked, "Which Keeper Credit Card Would You Recommend I obtained and Keep Forever?"

Which Keeper Credit Card would you suggest? 

Remember, only "ONE,"  please.

I'm asking because there are a ton of recommendations on these forums, so I decide to narrow it down a bit.

I asked a simular question to a guy, who was recommending a restaurant. I asked, "If you had to spend your last $20 on this restaurant, would you?

Just trying to get people's honest, empirical responses.

Credit Card: Chase Sapphire Preferred

Charge Card: American Express Gold

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

Navy Federal platinum. A low interest card for major expenses beats out a high interest rewards card if it’s the only card you can have. 

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a new one and as a Navy veteran, I might need to make that card an option, once my credit improves.

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually don't have it yet, but I would say PP 2%MC.

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

OP—That’s almost like asking favorite food, drink, dog, etc.. You’ll get many opinions, but the needs, wants, spend, goals, etc. of everyone are vastly different such that the opinions and/recommendations may not be of much real use.
Message 6 of 37
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

If I care even slightly about someone, I get information (travel habits, where they shop, overall spend, etc).

But if someone is a real ***hole, I suggest Barclays Gold Card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i wish we could see people pick one as stated by original post but it always turns into 2 then 3 then 4 etc hahaSmiley Wink. Need proof , first post went for 2Smiley Wink. , thats true but when these kinds of threads start, if people would go off original question, a fact isnt needed. You just offer your own personal opinion.

For the thread, my one choice , without a doubt , would be my Navy Cash Rewards. Not only can you achieve a high enough limit for everyday purposes on any income level, you can have some rewards ( yes i know there are other cards with higher rewards, but as a keeper my reasons to ne trump that for sake of this threadSmiley Wink ) can achieve a pretty low apr for a rewards card, 11.74%, and ability to take money from it without being frowned upon is a nice feature. Not to mention good bt offers.
Message 8 of 37
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Any of the cards that offer 2% back on everything:  Citi Double Cash, Fidelity, PenFed Power Cash, PayPal, Alliant, etc.  Pick your favorite.

(Notice the absence of any Chase, Amex, NFCU, and Bank of America cards in that category.)

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the pre-February 2019 rate, Amex Business Platinum.

For February 2019 forward Amex Personal Platinum.

A few times I booked through third parties and SPG properties still gave me status upgrades.

For anyone reading this, absolutely DO NOT expect that but it is sweet when it happens.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.