cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Would It Be?

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Any of the cards that offer 2% back on everything:  Citi Double Cash, Fidelity, PenFed Power Cash, PayPal, Alliant, etc.  Pick your favorite.

(Notice the absence of any Chase, Amex, NFCU, and Bank of America cards in that category.)

+ 1,  A good 2% general spend card.

I also am not a fan boy of Amex, BofA, or Chase.

Established Contributor

Wrote:  A low interest card for major expenses beats out a high interest rewards card if it’s the only card you can have. 

Not in my opinion, I have never given 1 cent of interest to a CC issuer so higher rewards is far more important than the APR.

YMMV, but I will take the money.

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

@Kforce wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Any of the cards that offer 2% back on everything:  Citi Double Cash, Fidelity, PenFed Power Cash, PayPal, Alliant, etc.  Pick your favorite.

(Notice the absence of any Chase, Amex, NFCU, and Bank of America cards in that category.)

Established Contributor

Wrote:  A low interest card for major expenses beats out a high interest rewards card if it’s the only card you can have. 

Not in my opinion, I have never given 1 cent of interest to a CC issuer so higher rewards is far more important than the APR.

The average consumer doesn’t have the luxury to buy whatever they want or need without needing a period of time to pay it off. My response was for the average consumer which includes myself. 

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I’ll play. I can whole heartedly recommend the.................

Magnises card. I never leave to a party without it. It’s just pure Fyre 🔥

Message 23 of 37
Kree
Established Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Established Contributor

I'd vote discover as one of the best 2% card because the 5% rotating categories.

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kree wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Established Contributor

I'd vote discover as one of the best 2% card because the 5% rotating categories.

Except Discover is 1% after the first year. 

Message 25 of 37
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I really like my Chase FU card high introductory limit very easy to navigate and use online posts fast and everyone is nice, I have had no problems using it everywhere and the cash back is AWESOME!      I just really like it and am glad I applied for it because I almost didn't only Downfall I have heard is waiting on the auto CLI so you don't have to do a HP but it's up to them whenever they decide to do so the good thing though is that I haven't needed the CLI from that card yet so if they do a random one and update it it will just be a happy surprise haha!

Message 26 of 37
Kree
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Except Discover is 1% after the first year. 

Mine has been 2% for over a decade. Maybe I've got some sort of legacy thing then. I just assumed new ones had the same.

EDIT:  Apparently I only get 1% cashback on my discover. I have no idea why I thought it was 2% and I am very upset by never verifying.

Message 27 of 37
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Citi DC. 2% on everything. Straightforward. No need to think about anything. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If a person(s) you truly cared about asked, "Which Keeper Credit Card Would You Recommend I obtained and Keep Forever?"

Which Keeper Credit Card would you suggest? 

Remember, only "ONE,"  please.

Just trying to get people's honest, empirical responses.

I have used a couple of different cards for balance transfers and purchases and I would recommend Citi DC or Amex Blue Cash Card. 

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they’re willing to pay an AF: Chase Sapphire Reserve. With the $300 credit, the AF is effectively $150. Well worth all the underlying benefits. Travel insurance, rental insurance, no foreign transaction fees, Visa being more accessible, etc. The point rewards are nice as well.

If they’re not down for an AF (understandable), I’d recommend an Amex Blue Cash Everyday. Amex’s in-house return/purchase protections alone make it well worthwhile. Not only that, but I would say 3% cashback on groceries applies to practically every living human. And to top it off, Amex’s 3x CLI is really great for earning a big limit within little time.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.