cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Would It Be?

Established Member

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

Alliant Visa Signature. It is 2.5% on everything

For people that always seems to carry balances on their credit card I would recommend Unify credit card. The apr for purchases and cash advance is 7.25%. I am guessing if the fed interest rates every went back to 0 the interest rate would be 5%. People are taking loans at that interest rate. In the past the blispay card was the golden card, but the bank went broke.

Message 11 of 28
Established Member

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

Amex Platinum
Message 12 of 28
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, i wish we could see people pick one as stated by original post but it always turns into 2 then 3 then 4 etc hahaSmiley Wink. Need proof , first post went for 2Smiley Wink. , thats true but when these kinds of threads start, if people would go off original question, a fact isnt needed. You just offer your own personal opinion.
upon is a nice feature. Not to mention good bt offers.

First poster here. One 'credit card',  one 'charge card'.  For any newbie that may not know there is a difference. I wish someone had done the same for me years ago.

Message 13 of 28
Senior Contributor

Re: CSP credit vs. PRG charge...

Charge and credit are not the same, but they can be very similar for a PIFer.

And either one of those cards might be a rather unsuitable choice for someone needing to carry a balance.
Major spend: CSR, BBP, Costco
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, CFU, Discover, ED, BCE, Arrival, DoubleCash
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75
Bonus chasing: Aviator Red, SPG Luxury, Savor
Message 14 of 28
Senior Contributor

There's also the consideration that if a CSP is someone's only card, unless there are AUs involved, the Reserve is going to generally be worth the higher AF.
Major spend: CSR, BBP, Costco
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, CFU, Discover, ED, BCE, Arrival, DoubleCash
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75
Bonus chasing: Aviator Red, SPG Luxury, Savor
Message 15 of 28
Regular Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

If I care even slightly about someone, I get information (travel habits, where they shop, overall spend, etc).

But if someone is a real ***hole, I suggest Barclays Gold Card.

Would it be a TOS violation to create another account so that I may upvote this again?

Message 16 of 28
Frequent Contributor

I only have a few cards. I like my Discover best.
Starting Score: TU 631 - EX 641 - EQ 669
Current Score: TU 647 - EX 659 - EQ 677 (f9)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 28
New Contributor

For the thread, my one choice , without a doubt , would be The "AJC" card!

Massive CLI's anytime you hit the LUV Button, 0% APR Interest for life!

on ALL Purchases, Balance Transfers & Cash Advances. Smiley Wink

"Chasing the 0/24 , Lol 5/24 Proud Member of Never/24 Club!"

Message 18 of 28
Frequent Contributor

Honestly, if you really cared, you’d have to pick a card that fits their needs. Low interest, high rewards for certain categories, good flat rate rewards, etc.

[2/2019]
Message 19 of 28
Frequent Contributor

"Don't live life without it" - Ride or Die

The American Express Platinum Card 🏆

Message 20 of 28