cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Would It Be?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

Alliant Visa Signature. It is 2.5% on everything

For people that always seems to carry balances on their credit card I would recommend Unify credit card. The apr for purchases and cash advance is 7.25%. I am guessing if the fed interest rates every went back to 0 the interest rate would be 5%. People are taking loans at that interest rate. In the past the blispay card was the golden card, but the bank went broke.

Message 11 of 37
jb1280
Valued Member

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

Amex Platinum
Message 12 of 37
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, i wish we could see people pick one as stated by original post but it always turns into 2 then 3 then 4 etc hahaSmiley Wink. Need proof , first post went for 2Smiley Wink. , thats true but when these kinds of threads start, if people would go off original question, a fact isnt needed. You just offer your own personal opinion.
upon is a nice feature. Not to mention good bt offers.

First poster here. One 'credit card',  one 'charge card'.  For any newbie that may not know there is a difference. I wish someone had done the same for me years ago.

Message 13 of 37
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: CSP credit vs. PRG charge...

Charge and credit are not the same, but they can be very similar for a PIFer.

And either one of those cards might be a rather unsuitable choice for someone needing to carry a balance.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 37
wasCB14
Super Contributor

There's also the consideration that if a CSP is someone's only card, unless there are AUs involved, the Reserve is going to generally be worth the higher AF.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

If I care even slightly about someone, I get information (travel habits, where they shop, overall spend, etc).

But if someone is a real ***hole, I suggest Barclays Gold Card.

Would it be a TOS violation to create another account so that I may upvote this again?

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have a few cards. I like my Discover best.
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the thread, my one choice , without a doubt , would be The "AJC" card!

Massive CLI's anytime you hit the LUV Button, 0% APR Interest for life!

on ALL Purchases, Balance Transfers & Cash Advances. Smiley Wink

"Chasing the 0/24 , Lol 5/24 Proud Member of Never/24 Club!"

Message 18 of 37
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Honestly, if you really cared, you’d have to pick a card that fits their needs. Low interest, high rewards for certain categories, good flat rate rewards, etc.

[2/2019]
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Don't live life without it" - Ride or Die

The American Express Platinum Card 🏆
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.