cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Would It Be?

Established Contributor

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Any of the cards that offer 2% back on everything:  Citi Double Cash, Fidelity, PenFed Power Cash, PayPal, Alliant, etc.  Pick your favorite.

(Notice the absence of any Chase, Amex, NFCU, and Bank of America cards in that category.)

+ 1,  A good 2% general spend card.

I also am not a fan boy of Amex, BofA, or Chase.

Established Contributor

Wrote:  A low interest card for major expenses beats out a high interest rewards card if it’s the only card you can have. 

Not in my opinion, I have never given 1 cent of interest to a CC issuer so higher rewards is far more important than the APR.

YMMV, but I will take the money.

FNBO 2% Cashback Visa (20k) / Bank of the West Cashback MC (20k)
US-Bank Cash+ (15k) / FNBO Travel Elite (15k) / Citi Double Cash (18k)
Ficos : 835 / AAoA : 8 yrs / AoOA : 22 Yrs / AoYA : 2
Message 21 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: If You Were Allowed To Recommend Just "ONE" Keeper Credit Card To A Love One, What Wou

@Kforce wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Any of the cards that offer 2% back on everything:  Citi Double Cash, Fidelity, PenFed Power Cash, PayPal, Alliant, etc.  Pick your favorite.

(Notice the absence of any Chase, Amex, NFCU, and Bank of America cards in that category.)

Established Contributor

Wrote:  A low interest card for major expenses beats out a high interest rewards card if it’s the only card you can have. 

Not in my opinion, I have never given 1 cent of interest to a CC issuer so higher rewards is far more important than the APR.

The average consumer doesn’t have the luxury to buy whatever they want or need without needing a period of time to pay it off. My response was for the average consumer which includes myself. 

Scores 1/1/19:
Scores 2/11/19:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal: Garden... and garden... and garden.
Message 22 of 28
Regular Contributor

Ok. I’ll play. I can whole heartedly recommend the.................

Magnises card. I never leave to a party without it. It’s just pure Fyre 🔥

Message 23 of 28
Established Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Established Contributor

I'd vote discover as one of the best 2% card because the 5% rotating categories.

Message 24 of 28
Valued Contributor

@Kree wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Established Contributor

I'd vote discover as one of the best 2% card because the 5% rotating categories.

Except Discover is 1% after the first year. 

Scores 1/1/19:
Scores 2/11/19:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal: Garden... and garden... and garden.
Message 25 of 28
Regular Contributor

I really like my Chase FU card high introductory limit very easy to navigate and use online posts fast and everyone is nice, I have had no problems using it everywhere and the cash back is AWESOME!      I just really like it and am glad I applied for it because I almost didn't only Downfall I have heard is waiting on the auto CLI so you don't have to do a HP but it's up to them whenever they decide to do so the good thing though is that I haven't needed the CLI from that card yet so if they do a random one and update it it will just be a happy surprise haha!

Starting Score: 537
Current Score: 713
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 26 of 28
Established Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

Except Discover is 1% after the first year. 

Mine has been 2% for over a decade. Maybe I've got some sort of legacy thing then. I just assumed new ones had the same.

EDIT:  Apparently I only get 1% cashback on my discover. I have no idea why I thought it was 2% and I am very upset by never verifying.

Message 27 of 28
Established Contributor

Citi DC. 2% on everything. Straightforward. No need to think about anything. 

Amex BCE: 18k
Discover It: 17.2k
BBVA Compass ClearPoints: 4k
Citi DC: 3.7k
US Bank Cash +: 1k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 28 of 28