Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could have only ONE card....

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If you could have only ONE card....

Put another person down for the CSR.

Apparently getting an extra 1 point per dollar for Apple Pay currently which I didn't even know, jeez it's my default spender now for places I can use that on... the crazy good tequila I had at a buddy's place, I bought some online with the CSR instead of the FU, and that turned out to be a happy accident on Christmas Smiley Happy.

        
Message 31 of 53
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Easy. My BECU Visa.  I have the longest relationship with them, plus it's my highest limit card.  I travel to Hong Kong and mainland China annually, and it's accepted in more places than my AMEX.  Where it isn't, I'll whip out my UnionPay debit card.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC.

I can't predict my spending will be the same forever, Amex is not accepted everywhere.

In the end, a double cash back is probably safest card to hold on to.

Message 33 of 53
galahad15
Valued Contributor

My BEFCU VISA, easily the best card in my in my current card collection at 5.49% F go-to APR plus rewards, and no BT or cash advance fees.  Second-place and runner-up would be my PACU MC, at 7.50% F go-to APR, 1.5% rewards, also with no BT or cash advance fees.  Third place would be my BoA Cash Rewards card at 9.99% F go-to APR, with the 3-2-1 rewards and with the 3% category upgrade options coming in January.  These are the cards that I regard to be truly irrepleacable, for me.  With only a few rare exceptions, all of the other cards in my card collection I consider to be replaceable.

Message 34 of 53
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Let's up our game people:   If you could only have zero cards, which would it be?  Oh wait.....

Message 35 of 53
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Let's up our game people:   If you could only have zero cards, which would it be?  Oh wait.....

That’s a tough one.... I’m gonna have to go with none

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 36 of 53
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@trusty wrote:

If they ever came out with a card that had 5% cash back on all purchases, you better believe I'd only be using that card - aside from token purchases to keep the other cards open.

Otherwise, my ideal wallet would have a total of 5 cards, each with 100k limits.

Wouldn’t that be fabulous? Lol. Somebody make that card

USB Altitude Reserve comes pretty close to that for me at 4.5x. I use the card only with Samsung Pay, which is accepted almost everywhere I use it. So, I get 3x on all mobile wallet purchases, and then 1.5x when you redeem points for travel, which is all I use them for. 

For me, it's a 4.5x card with decent travel benefits.

Message 37 of 53
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Been using my Langley Fed CU Visa Select exclusively this past month due to the running promotion they'll give me $1 a day everyday i use it. I am actually liking the idea of only using one card and am seriously thinking of picking one card to use for all of 2019 . Many credit changes needed in my life this might best.

For sake of this thread if i could only use one card i would have to pick my Navy Fed Cash Rewards. ( Paypal 2% or Citi DC 2% would be most optimal but with my spend not much difference in 1.5/2%) Of all my cards this would and most likely should meet my needs. Its my highest limit, thus utilization is covered, gives me some rewards, and has a nice low 11.74% apr, so carrying any balance wouldnt be end of world. Unlike other cc's if i needed some cash i can use that feature and not be viewed negatively.
Message 38 of 53
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

If I had to go with zero cards, it would be rough... Android Pay gets me Food Lion and BP. Don't know what I'd do about Dollar General (I have a vice I won't mention, as it would positively ID me. 😁)
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 39 of 53
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

My one card would have to be the Amex Gold.  4x on dining and groceries means I get free travel more quickly than with any other card.

Sure acceptance is a problem, but it's not so bad here, and I don't travel often enough for it to be an everyday concern.

If I could do two cards It would be the Amex Gold and Citi DC.  I could be comfortable with that.  I could cut up all the others and wouldn't feel too broken up about it.

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.