cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have a car, what situations do you use Uber/Lyft?

tag
Blodreina
Established Contributor

If you have a car, what situations do you use Uber/Lyft?

When I was without my car recently, Uber was a lifesaver.  Now that I have my car back, I'm curious how it might be still useful.  Other than using Uber to concerts or sporting events where parking may be a pain, what situations have you found Uber/Lyft useful?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: If you have a car, what situations do you use Uber/Lyft?

In the city, Chicago, or when we are traveling.  Sometimes to and from the airport.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I share a car, so anytime one of us needs to go a different place in the same city. I also periodically take an Uber to the airport to rent a car and drive a couple hours for work. I've taken uber an hour and a half to a different city so I could work on the way up and back, but I prefer not to do that as I assume most drivers don't want to have to drive back empty. Going to the airport via uber is preferred unless I have a very early departure and a late return. It is almost always cheaper than parking, but I'll take the convenience of driving myself in those other situations.

I also use uber for visiting downtown areas where I don't want to park or would have to park and walk through a rough neighborhood to reach my destination. This choice is almost always about safety, not about difficulty of parking.

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

To and from the airport, when I'm in a strange city due to traveling and not having a car with me, and when I'm going out to drink. 

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

As we speak i am waiting for my Uber Eats order to arrive

Also when i have to drop my car at the mechanic for Service Maintenance or any repair that'll take longer than an hour, I'll uber home and back.

And the usual airport trips...

Message 5 of 31
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Pretty much when we want to go out to drink, and the place isn't in walking distance. The airport or if we are in another city. We also only have one car so if it's not possible to use it then I take an Uber.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I drive a lot on my own.

But...Uber is pretty useful for me every time I travel, I don't rent a car when im traveling so I pretty much uber everywhere. Another time I may use it is when I need to go downtown in the city for whatever reason and I don't know how long the wait will be in whatever errand im doing down there  So. I wont drive on my own unless its something thats going to be short cause i'll end up constantly worrying about  running back and forth to feed the meter, etc. The parking garages are too expensive to use also. Then you add in the factor of having to find parking blah blah, it;s hectic. 

BTW, what's everyones Uber passenger rating?

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never used it, but will be when I go to Vegas in a couple of months. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime i plan on having more than one alcholic beverage. My job requires me to have a spotless license so i dont play around when it comes to that.

When i travel and the places arent very street parking friendly or especially if the hotels charde like 40 bucks a day for parking. I just save the rental money and parking money and uber.

My uber rating is 4.63 and ive qualified for uber VIP for using the app often.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Uber several times a week for sure.  If you get together with friends for a few hours of socializing (drinking, etc.) that even if you drink at a moderate pace it is not overly difficult to get to a .08 BAC so why risk a DUI when you can get out and back home for under $20?  This is especially the thing during college football and basketball seasons.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.