Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In my wallet...

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

In my wallet...

I often see people's posting sigs with the "in my wallet..." at the bottom listing cards.  I am wondering if everyone that does this actually carries all these cards in their wallet, or if that is just your way of saying you have those cards.  I have a pretty cool front-pocket wallet that has a clip for cash and a few slots for cards.  It gets to be ridiculous if I were to try to cram all the IDs I need plus ALL of my credit cards, so I don't carry all of my cards in my wallet.  This is what my sig would look like if I did one:

In my wallet RIGHT NOW:

slot 1: state drivers license, military ID, wife's DoD dependant ID, hotel room key for current place I am living.

slot 2: USAA Rewards Visa - $3k, NFCU nRewards Visa - $14k, Citibank Goverment Travel Visa - $4k

slot 3: Military STAR card - $4.2k, Target REDcard - $700

clip side pocket - USAA debit card, weapons card, military drivers license

clip - $10

NOT IN MY WALLET:

USAA Secured Platinum MasterCard - $1000

Capital One Platinum Visa - $750

HSBC Rewards MasterCard - $450

Safeway Club Card

GameStop GamerCard

Burger Joint VIP card

metro cards

So, whats REALLY in your wallet?  (and what kind of wallet do you guys have that holds all these cards plus your IDs and whatever else you need day to day?)

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Re: In my wallet...

ok... I'll bite Smiley Wink

Chase Freedom MC (3k)

Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA (5k)

Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer VISA Sig (13k)

AmEx Cashback Preferred (9500)

Costco AmEx (12k)

Patelco Plat VISA (10k)

Penfed Plat Rewards VISA (13k)

BofA Cash Rewards VISA (10k)

Delta Gold AmEx (5k)

Discover (4k)

Chase Debit

Patelco Debit

AND.... (drum roll please).... Target CC (600 freakin' dollar limit...woohoo! I'm stoked!Smiley Mad)

also the usual... Driver's license, AAA card, insurance card, etc.

All of this in a wallet that's big enough to carry 'em.   AND... it's one of three I have Smiley Very Happy 

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 2 of 42
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Sheesh, a bunch of George Costanza's!  LOL

All I have in my wallet is my NFCU Debit, cashRewards, and Target Debit for payment cards.

Message 3 of 42
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

In my wallet RIGHT NOW:

slot 1: state drivers license, military ID, wife's DoD dependant ID, hotel room key for current place I am living.

slot 2: USAA Rewards Visa - $3k, NFCU nRewards Visa - $14k, Citibank Goverment Travel Visa - $4k

slot 3: Military STAR card - $4.2k, Target REDcard - $700

clip side pocket - USAA debit card, weapons card, military drivers license

I am thinking about slimming down further as I recently ordered a new stylish wallet from eBay and don't want it destoryed by being overcrammed with cards I don't need.

As soon as I am done with this temporary duty I am currently on, I can get rid of the travel card and the hotel key.... I will probably take out the Target card too and one of either the USAA or NFCU rewards cards.

Which leaves a total of 5 identification cards , 1 bank card, 1 store card, 1 visa

Its the IDs that are killing me, but I need them.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 42
android01
Valued Contributor

There are eight cards in my wallet right now:

American Express Business Platinum

American Exprees Premier Rewards Gold

American Exress Delta Platinum

American Express Costco True Earnings

JP Morgan Select Visa

Ameriprise  World Mastercard

Discover More

US Bank Flex Perks Visa

This changes month to month with others, but the AMEX and JP Morgan Select cards  are always there.  Variety is the spice of life! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 42
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

This is the current syle of wallet that I have:

The new one I ordered is the same but with a white color.  It has enough pockets to store what I need and allows for quick access to my IDs which I need to show daily.  Its not a George Costanza wallet at all....  I am pushing it with the cards I have there now though.

Message 6 of 42
KeenAura

ok, this is my first post so be kind but I have to ask...how do you have all those cards and all those hefty lines with a score in the 500s less than a year ago? Wow. Which of those did you have and how big were the CL's back in June?

Credit Scores (will pull FICO on 8-1-12):
--Start, 5-8-12: Transrisk (TU) 545, Plus (EX) 555, CE (EX) 535, Risk (EQ) 573. Mean: 552; Median: 550
--Goal, 8-1-13: Median of the TU, EX, and EQ FICO scores: 640
--Goal, 3-1-15: Median of the TU, EX, and EQ FICO scores: 760
Credit Utilization 0% (Card / Balance / Limit): Capital One / $0 / $200.
Message 7 of 42
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@KeenAura wrote:

ok, this is my first post so be kind but I have to ask...how do you have all those cards and all those hefty lines with a score in the 500s less than a year ago? Wow. Which of those did you have and how big were the CL's back in June?

NFCU and USAA are very generous with their limits when it comes to their members (assuming full military affiliation in USAA's case).  

Also, my score has moved from 561 to 617 in 4 months on EQ (though I don't expect it'll get to Dave's score in a year but it's an example of good movement), so it's possible depending on what you had on your report to begin with, and what you managed to get removed derogatory wise.  There's plenty of people on this forum with only a year of history with 680ish FICO's, though it's harder if you're starting with negatives on the record to begin with.

        
Message 8 of 42
r34dy2fly
Contributor

I'm just going to guess its because NavyFed like USAA offers a bit more for military members as they see them as lower risk clients. Our paychecks are direct deposited into the account so unless you literally try to screw them over, you are already in good standing if you're military.

I'm more curious why you're carrying your wife's ID card see how she cannot get on post or purchase anything at the PX/Commissary. My only assumption is that you're Reserves or NG. That Government Travel card is more of a hassle than just getting an advance for travel in my opinion but to each his own.

Message 9 of 42
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@KeenAura wrote:

I have the cards mostly because of my job.  I got the military STAR because of my job.  It then took me about 4 months with the USAA secured card to get the USAA Rewards card.... I am a full member of USAA because of my job.  I was just approved for the NFCU nRewards card because my credit is now decent.  I am a member at NFCU because of my job.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.