Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informed delivery

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Informed delivery

There's very little I don't get images for (including most bulk rate mail).  The last week or so, it's been squirrely, but it seems to have sorted itself out.

Since I use a PO Box, I like the service - it let's me know when I need to bother traipsing out to the PO to get my mail Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 11 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Informed delivery makes me feel like I'm stalking myself, with or without scanned images 

Message 12 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

What's even better is when you get scanned images of mail that is supposed to arrive today but doesn't show up until 3 days later.  I gave up on informed delivery as I only found it beneficial if I was waiting for card a new card to arrive.  99% of the rest is junk mail...

Message 13 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Tracking numbers for packages all in one email from Amazon to VS is the benefit of informed delivery for me. Fiancee and sisters order so much stuff from everywhere it seems like 🤷‍♂️

Message 14 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

What's even better is when you get scanned images of mail that is supposed to arrive today but doesn't show up until 3 days later.  I gave up on informed delivery as I only found it beneficial if I was waiting for card a new card to arrive.  99% of the rest is junk mail...

The guy who had my PO Box before me was a chiropracter so I get TONS of chiropractic gadgetry and pillows junk mail.   I always mark them return to sender and I noticed that after a couple of "RTS"s, I'll see the scans but not the mail.   Pretty sure the post office is tired of me marking those all RTS instead of just trashing them.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 15 of 20
gorgon
Established Contributor

In a way I wish I hadn't signed up for informed delivery. It has made me aware that the mail cariers and/or post office in my area are not doing their job. I get images of items that never show, and most is junk mail, so no worries, but now it's happening to packages. The post office desk clerk told me to check the mailboxes near my house because the GPS delivery data shows it was delivered in the vicinity of my house. Really?!? You want me to go rifling through my neighbor's mailboxes?? Don't think so.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gorgon wrote:

In a way I wish I hadn't signed up for informed delivery. It has made me aware that the mail cariers and/or post office in my area are not doing their job. I get images of items that never show, and most is junk mail, so no worries, but now it's happening to packages. The post office desk clerk told me to check the mailboxes near my house because the GPS delivery data shows it was delivered in the vicinity of my house. Really?!? You want me to go rifling through my neighbor's mailboxes?? Don't think so.

Most unfortunate to say the least! Actually, unreal to suggest you find your mail by going through other mail boxes ... a Federal Offense to say the least.

In my area when the USPS would hire part-time Postal Workers that would leave the mail in the truck and take off early to go do other things or off for a few days (went several days at a time with no mail). Miss delivery (tough when there is only three addresses on the block?) became common.

About three to four years back, the postal services right sized their budget and eliminated all but one processing center for the state I live in. Now service for over 5 million people works through one center. It takes up to four days to mail a card 3 1/2 miles. Thank heavens for the modern age ... switched my life to electronic and took e type delivery so as to not bother the postal system with mail and it has worked very well. Do not see it improving. Oh, in talking with a major bank in another state where it seems that our state's change in processing was similar to their state. To go on requires me to rant and cross into politics a no no so I end it here.

Good luck on your quest to secure information directed to you with your correct name and address Smiley Mad

Message 17 of 20
GApeachy
Super Contributor

So I thought today was Saturday....Informed Delivery just text I was getting a package today, Friday.  So it's good for something else...for me anyway.Smiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 18 of 20
itsxluigi
New Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

I feel EXACTLY the same way... Ignorance is bliss.... I signed up for ID like 2 months before the holidays. It was scary to see how many holiday cards/packages never made it to the house. I also had to go to the DMV to get my car registration renewal 3 weeks after I got the ID that it was being delivered that day.

Message 19 of 20
gorgon
Established Contributor

Well, it's gotten worse...Since Friday of last week not a single piece of mail with my name on it made it to my mailbox. My roommate got her mail - EVERY PIECE. Most of my missing mail was junk, but that's beside the point. 

Went to the post office - might as well have told a stray animal. They were no more help. They assured me that every piece of mail that they get is delivered. I don't doubt that, but putting it in the right mailbox is just as important! (assuming they misdelivered my mail) Grrrrr......

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.