Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Introducing myself

I figured I would introduce myself since I have posted some replies in a few topics. I started my credit rebuild again back in 2006. Back in the 90's I made the big mistake most college students did and signed up for a whole bunch of cards because they were handing out free stuff. After I got out of college, I just stopped paying and didn't care. Though that time, I didn't really need credit until around 2006 when I went to buy a car and the dealership was yeah, you have a steady job but the only thing on your file is two medical collections so we need x amount of money to even get a bank to lend you the money. That response set me on my credit journey.

I started searching the few credit boards out there and found out about pfd and disputing. One account I did pfd but the other account took a bit more of a battle because it was incorrect on so many things but I got it deleted as well. I amassed 30+ accounts and 100k in credit before it came crashing down again when Amex did a closure on me. That made me step back and realize I had let credit-seeking take a big part of my life. 

Now I am at a point in my life where I am tired of dealing with the big bank craziness and just want to move over to CU's. I did do something kind of stupid by getting sucked into the sct with comenity about six months back but I am laying low for the next few months to give those accounts some age.  NCFU is on my radar since I just found out family members can join without first getting a military person to join too. That opened both DW and I with pathways to membership. Anyway, hi everyone. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Introducing myself

Hi! 👋🏼 Welcome to the forums!
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Welcome!

Great members and info on here!

Smiley Happy

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Welcome! Thanks for sharing! We have loads of great people here. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to be able to contribute to the community

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Smiley Happy The more you spend time here reading and absorbing and asking questions, the more we can help clarify your path. You’ll absorb a lot and hopefully help pass it along to others Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.