Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone/ new technology spying in on financial conversation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iphone/ new technology spying in on financial conversation

so I was updating our monthly spending and paying bills on my desktop computer today and started discussing with my wife about how we have spent too much at the grocery store and need to cut back... and all of a sudden i get a notification on my Randalls app on my Iphone "Save .40 per gallon of gas when you spend $120 or more on groceries"... it's like it was listening in on the conversation...  anyone else have a similar experience? that was the first time such a thing has happened like this...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Iphone/ new technology spying in on financial conversation

Would not surprise me, I get requests for "reviews" from Google on places I've stopped - restaurants, stores, parks, sights, attractions - google knows where I go and what I do.... good thing I gave up "gentlemen's clubs" 30 years ago before google Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Would not surprise me, I get requests for "reviews" from Google on places I've stopped - restaurants, stores, parks, sights, attractions - google knows where I go and what I do.... good thing I gave up "gentlemen's clubs" 30 years ago before google Smiley Surprised

You have a bright spot and have to give it up? Most unfortunate ... likely based on TV Ads I have witnessed, some devices are capable of monitoring our conversations. What the heck ... another poster provided insight on our financial activities that are posted regularily on Early Warning Systems why not our personal conversations? Who said "big brother was listening"? Remember when a certain person said to the US that they would "bury us" ... hmm!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so I was updating our monthly spending and paying bills on my desktop computer today and started discussing with my wife about how we have spent too much at the grocery store and need to cut back... and all of a sudden i get a notification on my Randalls app on my Iphone "Save .40 per gallon of gas when you spend $120 or more on groceries"... it's like it was listening in on the conversation...  anyone else have a similar experience? that was the first time such a thing has happened like this...

Apple should have in place a very strong privacy policy last I check they did... As for the privacy policy extending to app on ones IPhone I'm unsure recent news suggests apps on some platforms don't care about privacy just earning a decent cash flow and well your the product it's not FREE. Smiley LOL no such thing as a free lunch it's fact.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.