Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else addicted to credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is anyone else addicted to credit?

Not so much addicted to credit but man, the adrenaline rush when you apply for a new card and you wait with anticipation to see if you get approved.. that's addictive.
Message 11 of 29
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Eventually you'll get bored, at least that's where I am at the moment. I canceling more cards these days, sometimes I feel like getting rid of them all. I also realize I have no everyday spend so the QS is useless to me. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 12 of 29
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@tparks5961 wrote:

I've always been hesitant about repairing my credit because I have a very addictive personality. I figured I'd probably become obsessed about it.. so I put it off for a while.

My worst fears have been realized, and I am now addicted to credit. Not obtaining credit, but getting a very high score..  clearing it up and watching for changes.,. 

Anyone else here addicted to your credit scores? or am I alone? 

While I don't have an addictive personality, I will admit that I have caught the credit contagion Smiley Happy I visit here almost daily and tweek my rebuild/gardening plans.

@mitchblue wrote:

Eventually you'll get bored, at least that's where I am at the moment. I canceling more cards these days, sometimes I feel like getting rid of them all. I also realize I have no everyday spend so the QS is useless to me. 

I imagine that will happen to everyone eventually. All of my "Goal Cards" will be tied to my greatest passion.. travel.  So, I'm hoping that will keep the credit game interesting for me for quite some time. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but just wanted to say you have the best signature file I have seen in ages.  

Message 14 of 29
ISawIt
Established Member

I feel you . . . Checking the improved scores is an achievement and you feel protective of that achievement.  However, I don't check as frequently now. I realized getting approved can be 'random' at times. I mean you can do everything right and get denied and not really know why.  Also, it takes awhile for the credit agencies to update the reports. Sometimes the wait can drive your crazy. I've gone from checking multiple times a day to once a week. My goal is to check once a month or when I am planning to apply for future credit.

Message 15 of 29
Rogue46
Established Contributor

My wife certainly thinks i'm obsessed with my credit but I just remind her there's worse things I could be doing with my time. 

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely addictive. While my obsessive tendencies are calming a bit from the beginning of my rebuild, I still find myself checking scores, planning utilization, and frantically monitoring statement closing and due dates. I nearly died when my AMEX Statement closed 3 days early due the short month.

I tell myself constantly that I'm at a place where time will carry me to the next level, but I'm just not satisfied. Now that I am in an excellent relationship with Navy, I've closed a deal on my Savor, and I've got the Amex offers I want, I STILL in the back of my mind keep asking myself how to get to 700 tomorrow! 😂 When that's accomplished then it'll be 800.

I'm so screwed!
Message 17 of 29
Civil
Regular Contributor

WOW! I thought it was just me 😂😂😂 Same routine for me

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need mental therapy sweetheart.
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tparks5961 wrote:

I've always been hesitant about repairing my credit because I have a very addictive personality. I figured I'd probably become obsessed about it.. so I put it off for a while.

Since about the beginning of Nov., my knowledge about credit has gone from 0 to 100.. and I've had pretty decent success in clearing up my reports. That being said, I find myself checking my credit score multiple times per day.. Credit Karma, Nerd Wallet, Credit sesame, Mint, Regions and Discover  lol.. 

My worst fears have been realized, and I am now addicted to credit. Not obtaining credit, but getting a very high score..  clearing it up and watching for changes.,. 

Anyone else here addicted to your credit scores? or am I alone? 

I started off weary of credit lol, but last month I learned so much and I was ready to seriously tackle it lol. I was bummed when I found out my real scores. Learning the difference from FAKO and FICO was major for me. I do find myself jittery checking for score updates and wondering on what's my next move to expand my horizon. Slowly but surely. So tempted to create a credit tune. Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.