Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a local support group?! :D

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Is there a local support group?! :D

I would love it if there was a city or state support meeting type place or idea to where people can get together and talk about their experiences and advice over coffee and things I'm not sure if this already exists or if MyFico could start one but I think it would be a neat idea don't get me wrong I love reading these forums but I do love the outside world too!   Smiley Very Happy     Plus it would be a good way to network build and make goals and make new friends that are also looking to build.   Smiley Happy     Let me know if this exists or why this would never exist?!  LOL

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Is there a local support group?! :D

An excellent idea, but you'd lose the anonymity of the interwebz.  Face to face, I think most folks would be more hesitant to share open honest details of credit profiles, fico scores, etc...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

This is probably very true.      Some people definitely are more bold and honest online Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

An excellent idea, but you'd lose the anonymity of the interwebz.  Face to face, I think most folks would be more hesitant to share open honest details of credit profiles, fico scores, etc...

So true. I like your idea, though, Girlzilla. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Thank you Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is Debtors Ananymous (seriously).  I am not sure how many there are, but people do meet.

Message 6 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

That's cool Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I collect fine watches, and I a member of a similar online forum that share information, trade/sell time pieces, etc. The community has grown over the years, but certain chapters do get together in various cities across the country. It's actually pretty cool. We meet occasionally, swap time pieces, and share stories. Not to mention discuss new time pieces and other exciting products coming to market.

I've often thought of this about this forum. While you'd lose the anonymity, I'd bet there are a bunch of folks that wouldn't mind given the foundation and consistency of the forum.

@Girlzilla88 - If there is ever a Southern California chapter of myFICO, sign me up. I'm there! Who better to discuss AR, BT, and CLIs with?! 😂
Message 8 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

There are a few "travel hacking" conferences, but they talk about bonus chasing more than balance transfers.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Ikr I thought it would be cool and a good way to grow as a little credit family haha

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.