It's Just Too Damn High!!!

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: It's Just Too Damn High!!!

@alyssamarie wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

Besides taxes I'd say cable/internet.

Recently decided to get rid of the extra, unwatched channels and just keep basic cable/internet.

we are dropping cable too and switching over to just internet, we have hulu plus and netflix already anyways so we don't even watch our cable. That'll save us over $60 a month!

It must be nice to not be locked into a service contract (U-verse here).

I've still got two more months of paying $150 for channels I don't even watch.

But just to ease the pain, I'm going to see if I can renew that bucket load of discounts I haggled for a few months back.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 31 of 37
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

What is uncle Sam?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 32 of 37
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@alyssamarie wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

Besides taxes I'd say cable/internet.

Recently decided to get rid of the extra, unwatched channels and just keep basic cable/internet.

we are dropping cable too and switching over to just internet, we have hulu plus and netflix already anyways so we don't even watch our cable. That'll save us over $60 a month!

It must be nice to not be locked into a service contract (U-verse here).

I've still got two more months of paying $150 for channels I don't even watch.

But just to ease the pain, I'm going to see if I can renew that bucket load of discounts I haggled for a few months back.

we have uverse too but our contract is up next month! we have the u200 right now and don't watch it either!

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 33 of 37
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:
What is uncle Sam?

It is a nickname of sorts given the US government.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 34 of 37
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

I guess i never really thought about it because i reduced everything as much as i can for now. Did away with cable years ago thanks to internet and roku. The dsl charge and netflix account are half of what i paid for cable tv. Can't get a "basic" tv package here and there's no tv signal in the mountains Smiley Sad

My BF doesn't have medical insurance. Right now the way things go were better off paying a fine and paying for what he needs as it comes up. He works 4-45+ hours a week and his employer doesn't offer medical insurance. They also don't even pay minimum wage to most of their employees.

After that it would be phone service, my cell phone cost has tripled in the last 5 years so when my contract is up i am going to a pay as you go plan.

Then it would be gas. Public transportation is a joke where i live so either you drive or walk and right now im not physically capable of handling the walking Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 35 of 37
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Gas - I drive a lot, so this is a big impact.

Printer Ink - Seriously, that printer may be a steal for $40 --- but when it's time to refill your ink, watch out.   My ink replacement costs about $65.  I would cringe if I accidentally printed a full color page twice..haha.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 36 of 37
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Dalanar wrote:

Gas - I drive a lot, so this is a big impact.

Printer Ink - Seriously, that printer may be a steal for $40 --- but when it's time to refill your ink, watch out.   My ink replacement costs about $65.  I would cringe if I accidentally printed a full color page twice..haha.

+1

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.