cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-O-B-H-U-N-T-I-N-G, spells "Stress," Baby!!

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: J-O-B-H-U-N-T-I-N-G, spells "Stress," Baby!!

Good luck in your job search!!!

My prayers are with you that you find a job you will love.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 14
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sorry about all that. When it rains, it really does pour.

As for the job, I'll bet they tossed your app because you're over-qualified. They probably figured that you'd be bored to tears within three days, and that by the time they'd invested all the money in you for training, you'd quit.

It can be really hard for degreed people with lots of experience, especially management experience, to get an entry-level job! Strange, but true.

Good luck and best wishes to original poster.

As for the sprint job, Hauling is likely right, they likely did think "overqualified." My wife and I have Sprint mobile phones, and more than once have spoken with Sprint employees who came straight out of a Dilbert strip, so I KNOW they are not always hiring topnotch talent.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattH wrote:

As for the job, I'll bet they tossed your app because you're over-qualified. They probably figured that you'd be bored to tears within three days, and that by the time they'd invested all the money in you for training, you'd quit.

It can be really hard for degreed people with lots of experience, especially management experience, to get an entry-level job! Strange, but true.

As for the sprint job, Hauling is likely right, they likely did think "overqualified." My wife and I have Sprint mobile phones, and more than once have spoken with Sprint employees who came straight out of a Dilbert strip, so I KNOW they are not always hiring topnotch talent.

after having been asked to leave a sprint store (the only time i can recall such a request in my entire adult life), i think it may be a good thing that you didn't get that one.
Message 13 of 14
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MattH wrote:

after having been asked to leave a sprint store (the only time i can recall such a request in my entire adult life), i think it may be a good thing that you didn't get that one.

Not only does Sprint have long hold times and often-clueless droids at their call center, but they don't even have a backdoor number for their own employees, which seems incredibly stupid. Even if they don't care about the customer's time, it would seem in their own self interest to have a backdoor number for their own employees. I must confess, more than once on a Saturday afternoon while waiting for my car to get fixed at the garage next door I have gone to the Sprint store about something instead of phoning their call center myself precisely because that way I an making them pay money for their long hold times :-)

Of course if they ran their business intelligently they would empower staff at their stores to handle things without phoning the call center, but that seems beyond the capacity of their deeply dysfunctional organization -- which was already bad before the merger with Nextel and now is something out of Kafka.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.