Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just in case you have a Safeway near you

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Just in case you have a Safeway near you

Went to the grocery store today and Safeway has by 2, get 3 free for 7UP products (12 can package).  I’ve notice this year they've had buy 2 get 2 free pretty regularly which is great.  There are other flavors under the 7UP brand but I’m a Canada Dry gingerale girl when I do drink pop.  Thank You!  I stood and read that sign for 5 min because I thought I misunderstood it.  2 other people eventually came up and did the same but interpreted it as buy 2 get the 3rd one free because they couldn't believe it.  I pointed out the specific verbiage so I grabbed 5 (3 free) which was confirmed at checkout. 2X $6.99 for 24 cans of pop and an additional 36 cans free.  $6.99 may be location specific but 3 free I assume is everywhere.

Last day is 6/30 and only allows basically one purchase as it says “max of 3 free”.  I’ll be back tomorrow as it’s better than Sams/Costo😊 36 cans of pop for free.  Not sure I have the space but I’m doing it.

Make money, save on expense! Have more money than those who don't 😊

Not sure why I'm excited about this but 3 products free for the purchase of 2 sounds like something I should share for those that may benefit.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Just in case you have a Safeway near you

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time getting past you referring to it as pop.

#TeamSoda

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to work for Safeway when I was in high school not so very long ago lol.

They usually run buy 2 get 3 every now and then on sodas (coke products too), it actually sells at a loss, but I guess it gets people in the door and getting more items

Fun fact: bananas are apparently a very profitable item there, or so I've heard

Message 3 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

A For Real LOL Smiley Very Happy!  I'm not even from a pop  state.  I recall as a child it regularly being referred to as soda pop and pop just happened to stick with me.  I love words and happen to like pop over soda.   Go figure?

Message 4 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to work for Safeway when I was in high school not so very long ago lol.

They usually run buy 2 get 3 every now and then on sodas (coke products too), it actually sells at a loss, but I guess it gets people in the door and getting more items

Fun fact: bananas are apparently a very profitable item there, or so I've heard

Interesting.  Well I'm cooking at home much more and now grocery shopping more regularly and finding many knew things.

Message 5 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time getting past you referring to it as pop.

#TeamSoda

My thoughts exactly!! Lol You're giving away your upbringing, @Trudy 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

(3+2)*12*2=120...Just make sure you don't end up spending those savings on insulin!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 15
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Thanks @Trudy heading to Safeway now!!!

Message 8 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

(3+2)*12*2=120...Just make sure you don't end up spending those savings on insulin!

So if you buy toilet paper in bulk to save money or take advantage of a deal should I assume you have diarrhea every day? It's just a deal man! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Trudy wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

So if you buy toilet paper in bulk to save money or take advantage of a deal should I assume you have diarrhea every day? It's just a deal man! Smiley LOL

I like the cut of your jib

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.