cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just waiting for the offer package to arrive....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just waiting for the offer package to arrive....

DH got a job offer, for a REALLY COOL job. He will be creating curriculum and materials to teach things to people Smiley Wink Sorry, can't tell ya any more or I'd have to kill ya Smiley Very Happy

Looks like we'll be relocating to Vienna, VA or one of the towns within a 10 mile radius. I was stuck at home yesterday and again today, waiting for the job offer to arrive via some overnight service. We can't wait to get our eyes on it!

We spent over $2K on two suits & some dress shirts, shoes, etc for interviews.. Well, this company was happy with just a phone interview! I sure hope the work environment calls for suits, cuz otherwise he's got some amazing suits that will make great closet accessories...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just waiting for the offer package to arrive....

@Anonymous wrote:
DH got a job offer, for a REALLY COOL job. He will be creating curriculum and materials to teach things to people Smiley Wink Sorry, can't tell ya any more or I'd have to kill ya Smiley Very Happy

Looks like we'll be relocating to Vienna, VA or one of the towns within a 10 mile radius. I was stuck at home yesterday and again today, waiting for the job offer to arrive via some overnight service. We can't wait to get our eyes on it!

We spent over $2K on two suits & some dress shirts, shoes, etc for interviews.. Well, this company was happy with just a phone interview! I sure hope the work environment calls for suits, cuz otherwise he's got some amazing suits that will make great closet accessories...

Congrats!!! Vienna is a nice area (still more suburban than not)!!! Smiley Happy

As for the new suits, you can use their "mothballing" as an excuse to get him to dress up and take you out on the town!!! Smiley Wink

It worked for me!! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! We're just wondering why the entire town seems to consist of townhouses???!!! Or 1960's one-bathroom ranchers??!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! We're just wondering why the entire town seems to consist of townhouses???!!! Or 1960's one-bathroom ranchers??!!

That I couldn't answer. I CAN tell you to be picky about the location, though -- even if it means renting a TH or apt until something comes up. Some parts of Vienna are VERY "industrial-urban" (including a paper mill -- stinky!!!), but mostly plants that don't emit oogie fumes (like printing plants).

But some parts of Vienna are nicer, more upscale with a definite "club" feeling. Some are also country in feel (lots of land).

Vienna's, at least, when I worked in Vienna (as a print production artist for one of the printing plants/companies), HUGE. I'm pretty sure that at one time, it was touted as being a "new DC" .... and thus, all brownstones. Can't attest to that though.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Package finally arrived! Yay! All our stress about him finding a job, over NOTHING. Got a job with three months to spare til retirement!
Message 5 of 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That reflects its history: before the Metro station opened there, it was relatively low cost housing for the area because commuting to the District was a major traffic hassle. Once the Vienna Metro station opened about 15 or 20 years ago, instantly anything within a reasonable walk or bus ride of the station became dramatically more convenient, triggering a boom in the construction of condos and apartment buildings. It was already too built up for MacMansions when the boom happened, developers could only get relatively small parcels of land, so they had to go for density. A friend of mine who rented an apartment near the new station at the time it opened got hit with a 40% rent increase on the first annual lease renewal after the opening.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm an instructional designer so I know just the kind of work he'll be doing. Maybe not the subject matter, but definitely the ID side of it. Smiley Happy

Now, you need to get back to that Sallie Mae post and update us on the saga. I've been wondering how that's going for your parents.
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ivyalmighty wrote:

There's some nice neighborhoods and some NICE neighborhoods. It is all good, but there are many neighborhoods in Vienna with homes having a decent yard, 3-4 bedrooms, 2-3 full bathrooms, etc. I used to live and work in Vienna and moved down the street to Fairfax.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.