cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Largest Charge

Regular Contributor

Largest Charge

What’s anybody’s largest ? I see some amazing CL’s on this forum, 3,4,500k. Just wondering if someone walked into a car dealership and bought a new Corvette on their Cap One Venture or something? Lol
Scores TU 723 EQ 705 EX 729
FAKO TU 753 EQ 747 EX 738
Inquiries 8-10 across.
UTI 13% AAoA 2.4
No baddies
Total CL $104600
Almost AZEO
Revised goal 2018 $125k

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Largest Charge

I once bought a 16k car with my debit card.  Not sure if that counts.

Message 2 of 21
Regular Contributor

Re: Largest Charge


Kree wrote:

I once bought a 16k car with my debit card.  Not sure if that counts.


 I'm surprised bank approved this charge


Message 3 of 21
Established Contributor

Re: Largest Charge


MVPJ wrote:

Kree wrote:

I once bought a 16k car with my debit card.  Not sure if that counts.


 I'm surprised bank approved this charge


I had to pre arrange it with them. Would have brought a cashiers check, but due to holds the bank couldn't give me one before I hoped on a plane to get the car. No branch nearby, so debit it was.

Message 4 of 21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Largest Charge

$23,000 Delta Vacations package on my Delta Amex
Message 5 of 21
Established Member

Re: Largest Charge

No dealership will sell you a car on credit card. The fee will eat into the profit too much. I got away with a 5k deposit once on a credit card on a new car and the salesman had a hard time convinceing the Finance manager to let it thru. After a lot of back and forth he relented but he told me this is very unusual.

Message 6 of 21
Regular Contributor

Re: Largest Charge

That's the longest signature I've seen on this site so far.

Message 7 of 21
Regular Contributor

Re: Largest Charge


ron56 wrote:

No dealership will sell you a car on credit card. The fee will eat into the profit too much. I got away with a 5k deposit once on a credit card on a new car and the salesman had a hard time convinceing the Finance manager to let it thru. After a lot of back and forth he relented but he told me this is very unusual.


 yeah but most car dealership have cap on credit card purchase 2-5k


Message 8 of 21
Valued Contributor

Re: Largest Charge

The biggest single charge I've ever done was $2500.

My ex bought a car and put the down payment, $3,500, on a debit card with zero hassle.
Message 9 of 21
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Largest Charge

I once charge 20k on my Discover card for a state of the art home generator.


Then i realized i was sleeping and woke upSmiley Wink



Gardening since 6/13/18
Goal: No hps or cli requests at least til 1/1/19, 7/13/20 preferable
Message 10 of 21