Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders against big bad gun sales

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Lenders against big bad gun sales

Went shopping this past week, and picked up $1600+/- worth of toys.

While talking to the shop owner, he commented about how a good chunk of first time buyers were getting denied left, and right by *to be unnamed lenders (CCs)* because it shows as a firearm transaction, with the company name broadcasting "ARMAMENTS" plain as day.

At least Amex isn't anti-gun, and CSP didn't mind range time either.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lenders against big bad gun sales

Very interesting ,,, thanks for the heads up!
Message 2 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

DOJ's Operation Choke Point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Choke_Point

Tobacco, Guns, anything that isn't "PC" - it's a political issues of the current administration, but I'll leave it at that. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to know which CC companies won't process firearm purchases so I could get rid of their cards if I have any.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd love to know which CC companies won't process firearm purchases so I could get rid of their cards if I have any.

+infinity

Edit:  A quick spot check shows complaints filed with the CFPB against WF, JPM, BoA, and Citi so far.  Most of those are from business owners.

Message 5 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

If you google Operation Choke Point you'll see its smaller banks (Peoples Trust, etc) and credit card processors such as authorize.net. The only larger bank I saw mentioned as TD Bank.

Operation Choke Point has been getting some Congressional pushback - supposed to be winding down, but it's not been "outlawed-repealed" as of yet and is still affecting targeted business, especially legal Gun and Tobacco retailers. 

I'm staying away from the politics, but that is what's really driving the program more than anything else.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No issues for me using Cap One.

Message 7 of 14
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Think I'm just going to start calling the Delta Plat the "gun card," lol....Smiley Very Happy

Just went and picked up some American Eagle Soviet 7.62x39 brass, and a tub of Winchester 165g 40's......I love's me some Amex.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Think I'm just going to start calling the Delta Plat the "gun card," lol....Smiley Very Happy

Just went and picked up some American Eagle Soviet 7.62x39 brass, and a tub of Winchester 165g 40's......I love's me some Amex.

Buy all you can while the prices are still friendly.  (Mod Cut-Stop with the political talk its not allowed in any forum of myFico)

Message 9 of 14
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Buy all you can while the prices are still friendly. 

34792_1664533406101_1020217537_1832577_3287445_n.jpg

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.