Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk cars

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's talk cars

Lol cars are on par with Kansas oceanfront property for solidity in investing (unless you can afford the real unicorn pasta rockets). Yeah there were a lot of old school parts but I had the car awhile ago. Most of that stuff was still in production back then. I don’t even know who’s making parts anymore other than Z1 and some of the universal companies.
Message 41 of 73
iced
Valued Contributor

While we're talking cars, found out mine had its turbocharger die this week, after only 60k miles. The repair cost shouldn't be too bad because yay warranty, but still.

Apparently I used my car too much these last few weeks.

Message 42 of 73
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@ImtheDevil hopefully you're not worshipping the 😈 haha but anyways yeah a friend did that seafoam on my car just like how you explained and it was like revving up the smoke in a race 😂
I use Techron but is Seafoam the same?

@Eddie I used Costco gas before and I wasn't getting good milage for it.

My little brother had a 94 Integra, and dang he put a JDM wheel and a big exhaust pipe, that thing was loud as a MF lol 😂 but good thing the law passed saying something about you can't have it too loud, I think that's stupid lol...
Message 43 of 73
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

@iced you wouldnt happen to drive a VW would you?😂😂😂
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 44 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that too - I have 10 years experience wrenching on Audi/VW in that car scene and CHRA seal failure is really common. Can’t tell you how many charge pipes I’ve popped couplers off of and had oil just draining out lol. The most valuable lesson I got from it was that despite what I had initially thought, I definitely do NOT want a 2.7T. The stage 3 S4s are a riot to drive but that’s only like 45 minutes a month. The rest of the time that engine has a maintenance fetish that I would be unwilling to tolerate even in my most zealous car-wrenching days.
Message 45 of 73
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Im shocked! 60k in VW miles is only 24.3k! Lol my girlfriend got a 2016 CC brand new in the 2018 new year in a get it off my lot deal from the dealer and when we went to show some friends the first question they all asked was "is the check engine light on yet"
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 46 of 73
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was thinking that too - I have 10 years experience wrenching on Audi/VW in that car scene and CHRA seal failure is really common. Can’t tell you how many charge pipes I’ve popped couplers off of and had oil just draining out lol. The most valuable lesson I got from it was that despite what I had initially thought, I definitely do NOT want a 2.7T. The stage 3 S4s are a riot to drive but that’s only like 45 minutes a month. The rest of the time that engine has a maintenance fetish that I would be unwilling to tolerate even in my most zealous car-wrenching days.

And that's what keeps me away from Audi's. There was a 2016 rs6 for sale here for the same price as my mazda new. I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger because all I could think of was oil leaks and fi failures

Message 47 of 73
iced
Valued Contributor

It wasn’t a VW but a BMW.
Message 48 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 2003 540i M Sport. Loved it and hated it. It was one of the most fun steaming POS I’ve ever had. I only kept it 3 years and probably had to put $4000 into it in fixing crap (that’s with zero labor cost - I did all of the work).
Message 49 of 73
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@iced wrote:
It wasn’t a VW but a BMW.

Ah, Beamers. The most beautiful car, but I’ve had more than my fair share of issues with them. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 50 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.