Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk coffee!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's talk coffee!

Does anyone have and bold pick recommendations for Kcups?  For a long time I was having trouble finding a coffee that not only tasted good but was strong enough not to taste like water.  I have tried Death Wish which is good but a little pricey and you have to order it online.  They discontinued Jet Fuel.  I have been drinking Peets Major Dickason's blend for a while now and it fits my taste.  The price is fine and it is available at my local supermarket so I'm never out.  I have tried plenty of disappointments with only a handful that I would buy again.  

I am not opposed to brewing my own if you have a recommendation that doesn't come in Kcups.  I have a grinder so whole bean is fine.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Let's talk coffee!

I like to consider myself a coffee fanatic.  That being said, you're limited with the Kcups of course.  I've probably tried 80% of all BOLD, French Roast, or other darker types of Kcups and my go-to at this point requires about 30 seconds more work.  I'm using the Maxwell House Smooth Bold coffee, scooped into a kcup refillable, on the 2nd 6oz setting I believe.  This has been giving me the best all around flavor I can find from a Keurig.  Also, I have the Keurig Rivo sitting w/ the Keurig itself, so 50% of the time I use the Rivo Intense espresso pods for a shot in my coffee.  1 shot can make half of the kcups out there taste better Smiley Happy.

Message 2 of 20
Kree
Established Contributor

I've become a big fan of Lavazza.  I think they offer K-cups too.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the Dark Magic K-cups. Bold and the name actually keeps some of my coworkers from drinking them all (rather superstitious group). Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 20
sunkissed
Established Contributor

My favorite at the moment is McCafe's French Roast.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

For many years I was a Bustelo fan.. Nice strong Spanish coffee.. But now I’m all about my Keurig and started drinking the Tim Hortons Dark Roast.. Have not found a K-Cup that can compete with the Tim Hortons 

Message 6 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I can't do the K-Cup thing since I probably average 10-12 cups a day.  I'm not a fine coffee connoisseur.  I'm happy enough with my Dunkin' Donuts (which I also brew at home from whole bean) and Tim Horton's when I can get it (hence frequent Canada trips), which isn't as often since the ones that sprang up down in Rhode Island about 8 or 9 years ago didn't last long.  When I'm not too lazy to break out the espresso machine at home, I use Lavazza.

Message 7 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Starbucks Blond (naturally)...The lighter the roast...the more caffeine content. Your need to go lighter, not darker. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 20
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

For all you lavazza folks... (At least if you have a Rivo espresso machine) you can order generic espresso pods made by lavazza, which work in the Rivo, on Amazon in boxes of 50 or 100 and so forth.  It's a B.E.A.uuuuutiful thing.

As for the go lighter not darker comment, LOL.....   if it's any color with translucency... that's a definite no for me.  Have to have my 'tire' dark java.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I never got into the k-cups. I had a Keurig and used it for the first month or two and then got rid of it. The coffee just never tasted as good. It was only good for hot chocolate. I grab multiple cups of Dunkin' a day, or the occassional Starbucks blond roast. I may even venture for a 7-11 or gas station coffee. But that's rare... excited.gif

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.