Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk coffee!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's talk coffee!

My 2 Go2s are #1 Peer’s major Dickason’s blend, and #2 Starbucks Morning Joe..... Both bold and full flavored without bitterness...those are my favorite from a chain grocery store. But places like Earth Fare and Whole Foods offer some pretty premium coffees.
Message 11 of 20
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

i like kahlua

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have and bold pick recommendations for Kcups?  For a long time I was having trouble finding a coffee that not only tasted good but was strong enough not to taste like water.  I have tried Death Wish which is good but a little pricey and you have to order it online.  They discontinued Jet Fuel.  I have been drinking Peets Major Dickason's blend for a while now and it fits my taste.  The price is fine and it is available at my local supermarket so I'm never out.  I have tried plenty of disappointments with only a handful that I would buy again.  

I am not opposed to brewing my own if you have a recommendation that doesn't come in Kcups.  I have a grinder so whole bean is fine.  Thoughts?

Message 12 of 20
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I do Espresso. From Dunkin Donuts or the places that you have to hold you pinky in the air. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 13 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have and bold pick recommendations for Kcups?  I have been drinking Peets Major Dickason's blend for a while now and it fits my taste.  The price is fine and it is available at my local supermarket so I'm never out. 

I am not opposed to brewing my own if you have a recommendation that doesn't come in Kcups.  I have a grinder so whole bean is fine.  Thoughts?

I advocate grinding and brewing freshly roasted whole bean. The coffee experience is incomplete without a stong aroma permeating the room. Current favorite is Star Bucks Sumatra. Dunn Brothers used to have a great Guatemala but they stopped offering it. The trend toward fewer offerings on beans is disappointing.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 14 of 20
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

I use a French Press. My current favorite beans are from Seattle Italian roaster Caffe D'arte.  The beans are a medium-dark roast and named "Meaning of Life".

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 15 of 20
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I love DARK coffee. My daily is Tulley's French Roast but when I want it really strong but also great flavor I drink Military Grade Coffee..

It's only available online but it's REALLY good. They also donate 10% to Military Veteran Organizations.. 

https://www.militarygradecoffee.com/

Coffee01.gif

Message 16 of 20
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

I just finished a bag of Tully's French Roast. Love it!  Is that Military Grade Coffee intense, like an espresso blend?

I just remembered, I meant to order some Tim Hortons!  I finally tried their coffee for the first time a couple months ago in Richmond, BC.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 17 of 20
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

I just finished a bag of Tully's French Roast. Love it!  Is that Military Grade Coffee intense, like an espresso blend?

I just remembered, I meant to order some Tim Hortons!  I finally tried their coffee for the first time a couple months ago in Richmond, BC.

I'm sorta bummed as Costco has been out of Tulley's FR and I've had to buy the small boxes at the grocer. Err

Military Grade is not quite espresso, it's nearly as dark though. Espresso for me has a lil bitter taste but the MG doesn't. VERY strong flavor but no bitterness & it doesn't taste burnt.

I've tried Rev; several flavors and they're also good but MG is my fave! I'll have to try the Tim Hortons.. 

Message 18 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

I like the smell of coffee but I only tried it once when I was 4 years old and that was the last time for me.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 19 of 20
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

I like the smell of coffee but I only tried it once when I was 4 years old and that was the last time for me.

Give it another try! Maybe with some milk/cream, if its too bitter. I hated the taste when I first tried it at 8yo.  When I started waiting tables in high school, I tried it again because everyone else drank it, and I was tired of Coca-Cola.  Now, I can drink it black, especially when its premium or well-brewed, but usually I add almond milk.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.