Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Britain USA

tag
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Little Britain USA

If you get a chance catch it...it's almost as funny as the UK version!  I watched it last wed on HBO and just watched it here on BBC 1; they edited it a bit but was pretty much the same.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Little Britain USA

Wait... when you say Little Britain USA, have they made a new version of it?! I was never a big fan of Little Britain (it's Matt Lucas, he grosses me out!) although Vicky Pollard and, uh, 'bitty' always made me snigger... didn't know they were showing it (whether the 'real' version or any other!) on BBC America though, I will have to check it out! I cannot IMAGINE what the US audience would make of that show....! Smiley Very Happy 

(Heehee, just remembering the Tom Baker voiceover where he said that Britain is a small island used by the American film industry for the intensive farming of Hollywood baddies - or words to that effect. Those voiceovers at the start are/were hysterical!) 

Message 2 of 12
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Matt & David have brought some of the characters to the US.  Lou & Andy, the fat fighters lady, Bubbles and Vicky Pollard plus some new US characters. 

Tom Baker is still doing the crazy voice overs.  They have made 6 episodes and only showing on HBO in the US & BBC 1 in the UK. 

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rubaty wrote:

Matt & David have brought some of the characters to the US.  Lou & Andy, the fat fighters lady, Bubbles and Vicky Pollard plus some new US characters. 

Tom Baker is still doing the crazy voice overs.  They have made 6 episodes and only showing on HBO in the US & BBC 1 in the UK. 

I must have been hallucinating last night, as you clearly didn't mention "BBC America" anywhere, and yet I somehow read it anyway!
Boo! I don't have HBO - I want to see it now! Trying to imagine Vicky Pollard in the US...!! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

For those of us too cheap to pay for HBO, and who have only Beeb America, what the heck is Little Britain USA?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
For those of us too cheap to pay for HBO, and who have only Beeb America, what the heck is Little Britain USA?

After a rather frustrating couple of minutes of trying to get the BBC site to actually show me info for the UK channels, I found the Little Britain site - looks like there's some clips on there:
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/clips/
(Am loving the fact that posting/replying with Safari is soooo much better now! The little button to make a link doesn't seem to work, though, so I had to switch back to html to do that... plus if I try to use the 'font size' option I then get an error about having invalid html - weird!) 
(*grr, I'm English and worked for you people for a decade, and paid my share of licence fees... now stop defaulting to all this stuff about BBC channels available in north America and just show me the regular, ad-free site! Smiley Mad )
Message Edited by fevmlo on 10-05-2008 10:07 AM
Message 6 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am afraid I was never very keen on the UK version, so I doubt I will watch the US one!

And I bet the US version of Life on Mars is bad - for a start, the UK version was planned with a beginning, a middle and an and end, and that is the way they made it!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm dreading the US version of "Top Gear." Smiley Sad

Although maybe they'll use the real Allman Brothers Band version of "Jessica."

I have a hard time watching any British comedy show with a live audience chuckling away. I've watched so much Monty Python that I just automatically flash to a black-and-white shot of a '50's audience, politely clapping away.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm dreading the US version of "Top Gear." Smiley Sad

Although maybe they'll use the real Allman Brothers Band version of "Jessica."

I have a hard time watching any British comedy show with a live audience chuckling away. I've watched so much Monty Python that I just automatically flash to a black-and-white shot of a '50's audience, politely clapping away.
US version of Top Gear?? Noooo!!!
I LOVE Top Gear... now. Used to be bored out of my mind by it when my dad & brother used to insist on watching it (when it was just a regular 'motoring magazine' type show), but in its present incarnation, it's hysterical!
I have a feeling they did, once, loooong ago, use the original version of Jessica, but they've changed it a few times since into the weird version they now have. They ought to switch back - I must (embarrasedly) admit to having spent years thinking that song was just 'the Top Gear theme tune' until set straight at the age of 17 or 18! Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I am afraid I was never very keen on the UK version, so I doubt I will watch the US one!

It's odd... when everyone was raving on about how LB was the funniest show EVER, I couldn't stand it, thought it was utterly unfunny, and just found it so irritating I couldn't bear to have it on the TV. Since moving to the US, though, I seem to have got weirdly nostalgic, at least to the extent that I'd sit down and watch it if it were on (but I don't have HBO, so it's not)... maybe after five minutes of that I'd go back to my original not-very-complimentary thoughts on the subject.
Then again, I think I'm the only person I know who couldn't stand the League of Gentlemen - so maybe I just have a defective sense of humour. Smiley Sad 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.