Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little joke about US Bank's generosity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little joke about US Bank's generosity

In fall 2020 I opened a secured card with US Bank by sending in $500 which they placed in the associated savings account (not accessible or even viewable by me.)  Now that the card has served its purpose and I don't need a secured card anymore, I closed the account.  It took from January until March for them to "review" the account and make sure no surprise charges came in to my closed account.

Well, I have finally received the security deposit back, as they've closed the savings account.  I got a check for $500.05.

In a year and a half, they gave me 5 cents for the use of my $500.  Woo hoo, a nickel of interest!

I just find savings accounts to be funny... I guess if you have piles of cash, the interest is enough to go out to dinner on, but my $500 netted me one shiny nickel.  I wasn't expecting it.  I'll try not to spend it all in one place!  Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
7774x
Established Contributor

Re: Little joke about US Bank's generosity

@Anonymous wrote:

In fall 2020 I opened a secured card with US Bank by sending in $500 which they placed in the associated savings account (not accessible or even viewable by me.)  Now that the card has served its purpose and I don't need a secured card anymore, I closed the account.  It took from January until March for them to "review" the account and make sure no surprise charges came in to my closed account.

Well, I have finally received the security deposit back, as they've closed the savings account.  I got a check for $500.05.

In a year and a half, they gave me 5 cents for the use of my $500.  Woo hoo, a nickel of interest!

I just find savings accounts to be funny... I guess if you have piles of cash, the interest is enough to go out to dinner on, but my $500 netted me one shiny nickel.  I wasn't expecting it.  I'll try not to spend it all in one place!  Smiley LOL

Pass on dealing with ,using US Bank

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.