cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking Back, Any Credit Cards That You Regret Going After?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Looking Back, Any Credit Cards That You Regret Going After?

All the ones I applied for in Oct. and Nov. 2018 (I thought my reports were clean but I jumped the gun- should have waited until December) 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 61 of 69
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

I actually have two that I regret, one in the early rebuilding phase and one more recent. 

When I began my rebuild I applied for the USAA Secured Card without doing research.  I did not realize it would never graduate and ended up with a substantial amount of my own money tied up for a credit card that would never grow.  It has since been kicked to the curb.

My most recent regret is Paypal MC.  It is just meh to me, at best.  I'll keep it around for the utilization padding, though.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 62 of 69
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Pendread😠😡🤬🤦‍♂️

Mine is CRAPital One

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again I'll Express my disappointment with capital one.
I had the executive office call me last month about my 500$ toy limit on my bucketed card. He said wait until June 25th my 1 year and try again. I said try for what a cli? An aor reduction? Almost forgot they dropped my apr by 4% for 7 months on purchases... Seriously I wouldn't use that offer to carry a balance do they truly believe that offer is going to keep me with cap1. I wrote another letter after my cli was denied again. This time when the executive office called I said I'm sorry I'm busy at work can u call back Monday around 5 pm. He didn't seem very happy but said yes I'll call back. I did this because honestly I'm not even sure what to say anymore I don't even want to deal with him since the cap1 cpu's have more pull than them.. it's not like he's going to just realize I should have a higher limit and boom overide the CPU. I'll let my cap1 qs sit in my ad and put a charge on it once a month. I just thought it was hilarious when I got the temp apr reduction. Seriously temporary come on. I would think of applying for another cap1 card just for sign up bonus but the pre qualification asks me if I opted out, so I'm not risking a triple hard pull denial. I explained all of this and was told they are working on the pre qualification error. O well only reason I keep card is it's my only MasterCard. I have at least one of each mc visa disco amex. End rant
Message 64 of 69
minski
Established Contributor

Paypal Credit. Opened it. Never used it.

Barclay Ring. I really wanted a low APR card. Then I realized I don't even carry balances and I strictly prefer to use cash back cards so I wasn't even using it. It was fun to have, though. Something about it's simplicity appealed to me even if I hardly ever used it.

I don't really regret getting the SDFCU cash back card but I really hate that it does not offer auto-pay with external accounts. I have gotten into late payments due to it because I am so used to automated payments. I'm not using it as much as I had hoped to.

My second Discover card. My timing sucked. I got it at the same point in time when I started decreasing my spending. Did not really take advantage of the double cash back period.
Message 65 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells Fargo propel .. Smiley Sad

Really? May I ask why? This is one of my goal cards and not many reviews for it online.

Message 66 of 69
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

I had Capital One's Platinum Visa from 2005 to 2010.  The card came out like two years earlier, and IIRC, was the first Visa/MC to bare the "Platinum" designation. Visa/MC "Gold" cards had already been around for a while.  Anyways, to this day, the only blemish in my credit history was a single 30-day late pay reported by CapOne that I tried to dispute due to mail theft (snail mail payments back then).  That derog fell off 15 months ago, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth for them.  I regret opening an account with them.  They still sends me mail offers.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 67 of 69
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I have no regerts

Message 68 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the more enlightening threads.  

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.