Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcus GM card question - choosing brand of vehicle

tag
tjs19593
New Contributor

Marcus GM card question - choosing brand of vehicle

I have a GM buy power card that had been Cap1 and was recently switched to Marcus. They have advertised you could get a card via the brand you wanted. They recently just actaully sent a generic GM. I called and asked if I could get GMC branded card and was met with confusion and lack of knowledge. My wife still has not received her new GM card from Marcus. Se called and also was met with confusion. Anyone have any recent experience with Marcus/GM card. They seem to be a bit wobbly out of the gate here. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Marcus GM card question - choosing brand of vehicle

I was able to pick my card with Marcus and got the Chevrolet card since that's what I drive

Message 2 of 4
justjac2
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the GM card in January (new customer-didn't have the BuyPower). I selected the GM theme but received Chevrolet. I called customer service the day I received it and asked to have it switched. It was very simple and he knew exactly what to do. I got a new card in the standard 7-10 days.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 3 of 4
tjs19593
New Contributor

Interesting. I got my Marcus card about two weeks and called right away and was told that Cap1 transfers cant do this. Seemed really ridiculous. My wife still hasnt gotten a straight answer when her card is coming, alco a Cap1 transfer. Marcus hasnt seemed up to the challenge in my dealings with them so far.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.