Did you mean: 

Massachusetts to close all bars / restaurants

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Massachusetts to close all bars / restaurants

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This needs to be in effect in the entire country NOW.

Sure. Let's all keep panicking and put half the country out of work. These people who live paycheck to paycheck don't have bills after all. 

UPDATE 2:00 p.m.: Gov. Tom Wolf [Pennsylvania] announced a statewide shut down. That means all non-essential stores, bars and restaurants will close effective at midnight. This is expected to last for 2 weeks. Gov. Wolf said there are no plans to shut down any pharmacies or grocery stores and he urged people to continue their normal shopping trips.

The panic is coming from the top. I think we're going to need a national suspension of bill payments, and then take care of it later farther up the chain with companies that have cash on hand to weather the storm.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure. Let's all keep panicking and put half the country out of work. These people who live paycheck to paycheck don't have bills after all. 

UPDATE 2:00 p.m.: Gov. Tom Wolf [Pennsylvania] announced a statewide shut down. That means all non-essential stores, bars and restaurants will close effective at midnight. This is expected to last for 2 weeks. Gov. Wolf said there are no plans to shut down any pharmacies or grocery stores and he urged people to continue their normal shopping trips.

The panic is coming from the top. I think we're going to need a national suspension of bill payments, and then take care of it later farther up the chain with companies that have cash on hand to weather the storm.

Yeah city of Denver has shut down restaurants and bars as of this morning. I'm sure the state is going to roll beyond ski resorts being closed before the mid-week. 

I don't think it's possible to get the banks to stop demanding their money though... This is going to wipe out families that don't qualify for sick pay since there are massive loopholes in the relief package and it's going to destroy people who rely on tips even if they get their base pay covered. 

Message 12 of 14
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah city of Denver has shut down restaurants and bars as of this morning. I'm sure the state is going to roll beyond ski resorts being closed before the mid-week. 

I don't think it's possible to get the banks to stop demanding their money though... This is going to wipe out families that don't qualify for sick pay since there are massive loopholes in the relief package and it's going to destroy people who rely on tips even if they get their base pay covered. 

Most of the ski resorts in the Sierra mountains are closed so I am sure the ones in the Rockies will follow suit soon. 

I really feel for the people that work in the restaurant/food industry, these typically are people that need their paychecks/tips just to get through a week. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Italy is canceling mortgage bills – can the U.S. do that? 'Americans aren’t as likely to get a mortgage holiday'

Of course we can't....because 'privatize profits, socialize losses'. They should show banks still open normally on The Walking Dead.

I am also very concerned about the people who are going to need cash this week to buy groceries and medicine. I can't see how the federal/state government can efficiently handle mailing out millions of checks to people that haven't already been on their files

But forgive their rent/mortgage for a month and they have something to buy food with, at least.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.