Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal BoA Premium Rewards Card

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Metal BoA Premium Rewards Card

Thought I'd let you guys know my Dad's new PR card is metal, so I am going to request an additional card on my own account to see if it comes to me in metal as well. My current PR card in the old design is metal, so I've refrained from ordering the new design because other members have said it wasn't metal. Maybe my old one (and my Dad's new one) being metal is due to being Merrill Lynch branded, though. I'll update this post when it arrives in the mail.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Metal BoA Premium Rewards Card

Cool! Thanks for letting us know. Please post pictures. You should also weigh it and submit a picture and the weight to this list: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/the-most-heavy-credit-cards-list/

Message 2 of 34
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

Cool! Thanks for letting us know. Please post pictures. You should also weigh it and submit a picture and the weight to this list: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/the-most-heavy-credit-cards-list/

I'll see what I can do. I am not sure I have a scale around, but I'll have to look. I'll at least get a photo of it and a comparison to my current metal BoA PR and the CSP.

Message 3 of 34
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I'll get some photos later, but it is metal. Feels like my previous PR, and similar/identical to a CSP.

Anyone else have a PR that is metal? Is it only the Merrill Lynch branded ones?

Message 4 of 34
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Is the BofA Premium Rewards card metal now?

I applied for my BofA Premium Rewards Visa Signature card in March and the card I recieved is not metal. I saw someone mention in a video that they received their new card in the middle of the summer and said that it was metal? Can anyone confirm that they have a metal BofA Premium Rewards card? I did order a new card so will be able to confirm also in "7-10 business days" but I am interested to see if anyone else was aware in the mean time.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 5 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is the BofA Premium Rewards card metal now?

@Alephbet wrote:

I applied for my BofA Premium Rewards Visa Signature card in March and the card I recieved is not metal. I saw someone mention in a video that they received their new card in the middle of the summer and said that it was metal? Can anyone confirm that they have a metal BofA Premium Rewards card? I did order a new card so will be able to confirm also in "7-10 business days" but I am interested to see if anyone else was aware in the mean time.

There was a report here on MF a couple of months ago that their Merrill-branded Premium Rewards card was a metal core laminated on both sides with plastic much like the Chase "metal" cards.   I haven't seen anyone else report a metal BoA card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 34
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Alephbet wrote:

There was a report here on MF a couple of months ago that their Merrill-branded Premium Rewards card was a metal core laminated on both sides with plastic much like the Chase "metal" cards.   I haven't seen anyone else report a metal BoA card. 

I thought I saw that too but couldn't find it when I went looking. Thanks for the response. I will update when mine comes. Mine is the standard Premium Rewards, not the Merrill-branded one. It shipped yesterday I was told so who knows how long until I get it.

AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 7 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Found it.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Metal-BoA-Premium-Rewards-Card/m-p/6384878/highlight/t...

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 34
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Found it.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Metal-BoA-Premium-Rewards-Card/m-p/6384878/highlight/t...

Thank you!

Message 9 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Alephbet wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Alephbet wrote:

I thought I saw that too but couldn't find it when I went looking. Thanks for the response. I will update when mine comes. Mine is the standard Premium Rewards, not the Merrill-branded one. It shipped yesterday I was told so who knows how long until I get it.

My understanding was the metal versions were typically available for ML customers but maybe you can let us know once you receive the card, @Alephbet.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.