Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal Discover Card

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Metal Discover Card

Yesterday while working at my part time gig which is Best Buy. I had a gentleman come in with a Discover More card but it was metal... Never seen that before. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Metal Discover Card

Seriously?! I have been waiting for Discover to get metal cards! Has anyone else seen this?

Message 2 of 14
Kree
Established Contributor

My discover card from a decade ago was metal, but the more recent one isn't.

Message 3 of 14
RickNATL
Established Contributor

CapitalOne Venture has one but it's a randomized offer -- not sure what triggers it...

Because of this post, I shot Discover a note to see if it's TRUE and how to get one. I saw the article below but Discover is not on it.

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/blog/metal-credit-cards/

Based on a previous comment, maybe the card u saw was old/grandfathered in. Report back what u find out, I'll do the same.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a bit of Googling I've learned that the Discover More card was discontinued in 2013 and replaced by the Discover It. 

Message 5 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Uuuuuuuuggggggggg

I was so excited.  

Smiley Frustrated

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Whaaaaa?? I want one! Lol maybe the really old Discos were metal?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 14
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Yes his was a discover more.
Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this post is a few months old, but I stumbled across it. I have a metal Discover more card (can post pics if needed.) I have been a member since 2012, and recieved a letter in the mail one day with the offer. I was even worried once when I lost it and had to request a replacement card thinking they may send me a plactic one, but nope, still metal. Never really put much on the card, to feel like I did anything special to be offererd one. Worked up to a 37k limit. It's not really that heavy compared to the Amex Platinum cards I get handed at work all the time, but it is cool there doesn't seem to be many of these out there or any information online about it.
Message 9 of 14
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Nice KyleMac....keeps hope alive on this end....
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.