cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal Venture Card for Current Cardholders!!!!

tag
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Metal Venture Card for Current Cardholders!!!!

This might be old news, but i just called Capital One today, and asked if I could get a metal card and he said he had to check if i was eligible(have no idea what that means) but he came back and said i was and that he was sending out the new metal card and i should recieve it in 4 to 5 days. So Im excited, which i know is weird but still think its cool. So for those fellow cardholders, rejoice you can get one too and not just new cardholders. Ive had my venture card for over a year also.

Update: I guess not everyone is eligible for the metal card, which i dont understand. But If youre interested in getting one, I would definitely call and see if youre eligible.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Metal Venture Card for Current Cardholders!!!!

It's surprising how many comments and compliments I get on the metal Venture card from cashiers and such.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nova5041 wrote:

This might be old news, but i just called Capital One today, and asked if I could get a metal card and he said he had to check if i was eligible(have no idea what that means) but he came back and said i was and that he was sending out the new metal card and i should recieve it in 4 to 5 days. So Im excited, which i know is weird but still think its cool. So for those fellow cardholders, rejoice you can get one too and not just new cardholders. Ive had my venture card for over a year also.

Cool thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's gonna have Swarovski crystals around the edge.  The word "signature" will be an LED light.  It will have software enabled to read your mind.  If you think about cheating me in any way, it will shock the heck out of you and leave you stuttering for a week.

Message 4 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine's gonna have Swarovski crystals around the edge.  The word "signature" will be an LED light.  It will have software enabled to read your mind.  If you think about cheating me in any way, it will shock the heck out of you and leave you stuttering for a week.

lol, sweet... I'll take 2.

Message 5 of 17
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That was last years model CreditContractor, and the mind reading part failed miserably, mainly due to all the lack of data that was registering with many who processed the cards. Many intended targets just did not have strong enough signals to be read and the cards short circuited as a result. I mean, if the merchant business has to put pictures of potential items on the cash register keys so the employees can run the cash register...just saying.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 6 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Nova5041 wrote:

This is cool to hear! 

Just a quick question... based on the length of time you've had your Venture, I'm assuming it's a Visa?  If so, I wonder if somebody with a Venture WEMC would be able to get a metal card as well.

Thanks again for sharing!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Yep it's a Visa Signature! I didn't even know there was a WEMC venture card🤔

Message 8 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

interesting that its available for "all cardholders".

I called to have mine upgraded to the metal card and was told "thats its Unavailable for current cardholders. "

so, no its NOT available to everyone, and mine is the Visa siggy Venture, and have had the card for 2 yrs.

Message 9 of 17
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

interesting that its available for "all cardholders".

I called to have mine upgraded to the metal card and was told "thats its Unavailable for current cardholders. "

so, no its NOT available to everyone, and mine is the Visa siggy Venture, and have had the card for 2 yrs.

Hmmmm,thats crazy that they would make it avaliable to some customers and not others. When I talked to the rep, he was telling me how nice the card was an everything. So I know he knew what i was talking about. But he did have to check if my account was eligble, but what possible stipulations could there be for a metal card I wonder. Its not like they are increasing credit lines on the account. I love capital one, but sometimes they do some weird stuff.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.